Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1.    #1  
    Let's jump right to the changelog:

• Improved support for SMS messaging, it is now possible to send and receive SMS.
    • Mobile data usage is now automatically enabled in the First Use application.
    • Several fixes and changes to our way of handling window management.
    • Add spash for windows not loaded yet.
    • Several icons are available in higher quality now and got resized to hit the screen size.
    • Carrier operator name is now shown in the status bar (+ custom carrier name using Tweaks).
    • Splash screen is now handled by the compositor.
    • Window management was reworked to make sure windows are destroyed at the right time.
    • Showing a window is now bound to stageReady state again.
    • New navigator.InAppBrowser API to open in application browser windows for authentication purposes.
    • Privileged applications can now set the allowCrossDomain field in appinfo.json to allow cross domain access.
    • Added functionality to add and edit contact.
    • Added subscription to WiFi status so the system menu will be updated whenever the connection status changes.
    • Prevent applications from being reloaded when they don't require internet connectivity.
    • Fix applications not getting visible because stageReady timer was never fired.
    • Update most apps to latest stable Enyo 2.5.1.1.
    • Various improvements and bug fixes to messaging services.
    • Mark us as being on puck (touchstone) when any charger is connected to get dockmode visible.
    • Only adjust the focussed window for a visible keyboard.
    • Multi window support for Browser application.
    • Contact picker for Messaging application.
    • Dock mode implementation with Clocks only (Exhibition Mode will follow).
    • Save new contacts in Contacts application but only locally for now.
    • Switched to new InAppBrowser for Google OAuth account validator.
    • Various improvements for the C+Dav Synergy connector.
    • SMS messages can now be sent to multiple recipients.
    • Rework webview creation to render launcher always correctly.
    • Fixed kernel crash for Touchpad when accessing specific sites from the browser.

Read the release and get the download links
    I think the day I purchase a Nexus4 is fast approaching...

Also, http://www.raspberrypi.org/raspberry-pi-2-on-sale/
    A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU (~6x performance)
    1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM (2x memory)
    http://webos-ports.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

If this thing can run (some form of) windows 10, surely webOS is a must!

Is no one (who is skilled) tempted?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/04/2015 at 04:58 PM.
    Shuswap likes this.
    Does anyone know how long LuneOS will support the Nexus 4? Is there a plan to move to another device? I already have a few unsupported devices, and don't feel like extending that collection.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    I wish someone would port on the nexus 5
    I had an issue with wifi for the Nexus 4 in Breve, was that fixed in this release?
    Multi-window browsing! Great work guys, but I'm even more pumped by the upcoming plans for the next build.
    wow great progress. I read the release and it sounds also you found the memory leak for the touchpad and are now working to fix it for the release next month. Look forward to the progress.
    I forgot to say congratulations on the release when I posted this morning. The progress you guys are making is really impressive. With SMS and data working, and a functional phone app soon on the way, it seems like its getting closer to daily driver status....
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Generally speaking, the issue is not the absence of possible targets, but peeps to be maintainers.

The GNex was one of the early supported devices (which I went and bought) but has fallen by the wayside as no one can maintain it.

I also have a nExus 4 but since its on android 4.3 and IIRC LuneOS is 4.2.2 and I don't want to downconvert.

So I will use one of my 3 TPs and install the new release there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    Does anyone know how long LuneOS will support the Nexus 4? Is there a plan to move to another device? I already have a few unsupported devices, and don't feel like extending that collection.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by webOS Ports View Post
    Let's jump right to the changelog:

• Improved support for SMS messaging, it is now possible to send and receive SMS.
    • Mobile data usage is now automatically enabled in the First Use application.
    • Several fixes and changes to our way of handling window management.
    • Add spash for windows not loaded yet.
    • Several icons are available in higher quality now and got resized to hit the screen size.
    • Carrier operator name is now shown in the status bar (+ custom carrier name using Tweaks).
    • Splash screen is now handled by the compositor.
    • Window management was reworked to make sure windows are destroyed at the right time.
    • Showing a window is now bound to stageReady state again.
    • New navigator.InAppBrowser API to open in application browser windows for authentication purposes.
    • Privileged applications can now set the allowCrossDomain field in appinfo.json to allow cross domain access.
    • Added functionality to add and edit contact.
    • Added subscription to WiFi status so the system menu will be updated whenever the connection status changes.
    • Prevent applications from being reloaded when they don't require internet connectivity.
    • Fix applications not getting visible because stageReady timer was never fired.
    • Update most apps to latest stable Enyo 2.5.1.1.
    • Various improvements and bug fixes to messaging services.
    • Mark us as being on puck (touchstone) when any charger is connected to get dockmode visible.
    • Only adjust the focussed window for a visible keyboard.
    • Multi window support for Browser application.
    • Contact picker for Messaging application.
    • Dock mode implementation with Clocks only (Exhibition Mode will follow).
    • Save new contacts in Contacts application but only locally for now.
    • Switched to new InAppBrowser for Google OAuth account validator.
    • Various improvements for the C+Dav Synergy connector.
    • SMS messages can now be sent to multiple recipients.
    • Rework webview creation to render launcher always correctly.
    • Fixed kernel crash for Touchpad when accessing specific sites from the browser.

Read the release and get the download links
    Great work friend... Instead of trying with nexus family. You could try port it to i9300/i9305. There are so many millions of users having this device. Hope this will help you to reach the millions soon..
    Quote Originally Posted by sprabur View Post
    Great work friend... Instead of trying with nexus family. You could try port it to i9300/i9305. There are so many millions of users having this device. Hope this will help you to reach the millions soon..
    As far as I understand, the basics are there to be able to run it on more devices, but the current focus is to get it to do more than just show the starting screen.

Sharing to resources to let it run on many devices, will mean that just the base will run, but there will be no apps, at the moment, they want more functionality, as to be able to interest more people for the product.

I do not know if I explained it well, sorry.
    As far as I understand, the basics are there to be able to run it on more devices, but the current focus is to get it to do more than just show the starting screen.

Sharing to resources to let it run on many devices, will mean that just the base will run, but there will be no apps, at the moment, they want more functionality, as to be able to interest more people for the product.

I do not know if I explained it well, sorry.
    That's quite accurate. Well it's quite mature to a certain extend, we have a very modern browser, SMS now works as well, data works, wifi works, audio works, QML, Enyo 1 and Enyo 2 work. Phone calls, sensors, NFC, BlueTooth, proper IM and hardware acceleration are still missing but we're getting there slowly :-) I expect a lot from next month's release for some of these missing features.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Is there any video of this? (miss my pre every day).
    Last edited by paisley99; 02/06/2015 at 04:06 PM.
    Looks beautiful and I can't wait until we can use this.

I did a little testing on the touchpad.

Added a contact successfully.
    wifi sticks on reboot.
    pulled up a forums website (then it crashed)

Found the _ character in the keyboard a few levels down and it works.

The contact showed in messages but I could not click on it.

Typed a phone number and also an email in messages app and typed a message for each one but would not send.

Tried to add outlook account and didn't work but I did instantly get a message on my phone that my windows phone (huh?) needs a new app password.

Tried to add an iCloud account and it told me credentials are wrong.
    So is this still considered alpha software..
    So is this still considered alpha software..
    Yup it is ;-) It's getting more and more stable, but seeing we don't have a fully working system yet we'll consider it alpha still. Once we have it "feature complete" (calls, sensors, bluetooth, hardware acceleration etc) I guess we can start thinking about beta at some point.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Does this software have version numbers? Should we take the changelog numbers?
    Change Log - WebOS-Ports
    The latest change is 32.
    Is it version 1.32?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Does this software have version numbers? Should we take the changelog numbers?
    Change Log - WebOS-Ports
    The latest change is 32.
    Is it version 1.32?
    We have stage numbers (32) and build numbers (I got 111 on my Nexus 4 now), not really version numbers.
    First time ever doing anything with Android and flashing anything.
    A nice slow read and i didn't make one mistake. I am now running LUNEOS!!!!!

1. I was not able to add a contact or start a new SMS message. (no sim installed) and SIM Installed.
    2. Reboot did not reboot it just Shuts down. Tried a few times same thing

Thats all I got for now.
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 02/19/2015 at 09:54 PM.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Long story short, got a Nexus 4 in good shape for $75. It had Android Lollipop on it so I unlocked the bootloader and flashed 4.2.2 on it. At first I had a path issue but fixed it thx to This Link, At this point I have the clockwork image sitting on my computer. I don't quite understand this instruction:

Flash CWM to your Nexus 4, making sure to use the proper filename for the image you downloaded:
    Code:
     $ fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.3-mako.img
     sending 'recovery' (6526 KB)...
     OKAY [  0.802s]
     writing 'recovery'...
     OKAY [  1.245s]
     finished. total time: 2.048s
     $ fastboot reboot
     rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.020s
    I don't understand what command I'm typing and what directory to be in. Any help would be great.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast