Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if the team at webos-ports had a plan going forward in regards to possibly working with the new Palm, inc. I was thinking there could be a relationship similar to Jolla and Sailfish OS, where Palm makes phones and the community dictates the OS. I would think it would be great to build interest in LuneOS if there was a website that describes the goals and reasons why it is the best alternative OS, similar again to how Sailfish has the Sailfish Foundation site with info about how open and wonderful it is (although it pales in comparison to LuneOS/webOS). The webos-ports wiki is great but not very consumer friendly and doesn't really give the general public information about what you guys are doing in terms that they will care about. I know that LuneOS is still in testing and isn't for the general public use but it might be good to begin drumming up interest and hopefully get the team more help/resources to continue their great work!
    I was wondering if the team at webos-ports had a plan going forward in regards to possibly working with the new Palm, inc. I was thinking there could be a relationship similar to Jolla and Sailfish OS, where Palm makes phones and the community dictates the OS. I would think it would be great to build interest in LuneOS if there was a website that describes the goals and reasons why it is the best alternative OS, similar again to how Sailfish has the Sailfish Foundation site with info about how open and wonderful it is (although it pales in comparison to LuneOS/webOS). The webos-ports wiki is great but not very consumer friendly and doesn't really give the general public information about what you guys are doing in terms that they will care about. I know that LuneOS is still in testing and isn't for the general public use but it might be good to begin drumming up interest and hopefully get the team more help/resources to continue their great work!
    We already have a team working on something more user friendly :-) Like with all it's about priorities and assigning resources. We prefer to focus on coding as team but redently got some more help in the graphics and web department so they're using their skills for that :-)

With regards to New Palm Inc, I personally would love to believe something good comes from it, but with the current Alcatel/TCL lineup I honestly doubt it. They would really need to step up a few notches on R&D and prove not only having bought Palm for the name.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    We already have a team working on something more user friendly :-) Like with all it's about priorities and assigning resources. We prefer to focus on coding as team but redently got some more help in the graphics and web department so they're using their skills for that :-)

With regards to New Palm Inc, I personally would love to believe something good comes from it, but with the current Alcatel/TCL lineup I honestly doubt it. They would really need to step up a few notches on R&D and prove not only having bought Palm for the name.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    That's great to hear! I can't wait to see what everyone is working on. Please let me know if someone with no coding skills can help in anyway, I would love to help!