Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #21  
    How much success have people had with installing apps? I loaded the PreCentral feed on LuneOS quite successfully, and downloaded 2048 just to see how it would work, installation process was great and the app launched, but I couldn't get a game started.
  2. #22  
    To be honest not many apps have been tested yet. Theoretically all Enyo 2 apps should work. Enyo 1.0 apps too, but they might have some issues here and there due to missing bits in LuneOS still. I tested a couple of dozens a month or so ago and it was quite OK on my N4. http://webos-ports.org/wiki/LuneOS_E...p_Test_Results

    -- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3. #23  
    Also having the dimming issue as others posted.
    I also have crashes when using the browser.
    .
    The OS has a very nice GUI though.
    Just call me Berd.
    coolmanqazi likes this.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Also having the dimming issue as others posted.
    I also have crashes when using the browser.
    .
    The OS has a very nice GUI though.
    The TP has some serious memory issues still, which is being looked into. Once these are sorted it should be a lot more stable
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    coolmanqazi likes this.
  5. #25  
    Out of curiosity, would these memory issues gave anything to do with hardware, seeing as the Nexus 4 had 2 GB ram, which would be double of how much the Touchpad has?
  6. #26  
    It's a combination of things. 1GB doesn't help but TP's kernel might need some more optimizations as well, just like the LuneOS code itself ;-)

    -- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  7. #28  
    Any chance the next version of LuneOS will be based on 4.4 for the nexus 4? My nexus 4 for some reason refuses touch input on 4.2 ROMs. LuneOS doesn't work and I really would like to try it on my nexus rather than my touchpad.
  8. #29  
    Setting fails to launch on 17-1-2015 , just get pulsation gear icon.
    Last edited by Firepower; 01/21/2015 at 04:12 AM.
  9. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hunt View Post
    Any chance the next version of LuneOS will be based on 4.4 for the nexus 4? My nexus 4 for some reason refuses touch input on 4.2 ROMs. LuneOS doesn't work and I really would like to try it on my nexus rather than my touchpad.
    It's in the works, but we had some hick-ups and needed to move back to 4.2.2 for now. I expect we'll be based on 4.4 sometime in the future though, but probably not coming release yet.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  10. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It's in the works, but we had some hick-ups and needed to move back to 4.2.2 for now. I expect we'll be based on 4.4 sometime in the future though, but probably not coming release yet.
    Thanks for the heads up. Having some wifi issues on my nexus 4 in this release, and I'm not sure if its just my phone, but it looks like a software issue because I'll cut it on, but nothing shows up, reopen, wifi is off.
  11. #32  
    Still unable to get into settings using luneos-dev-image-tenderloin-20150120195254-test..
    Can anyone else use settings? Or is it broken?
  12. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    Still unable to get into settings using luneos-dev-image-tenderloin-20150120195254-test..
    Can anyone else use settings? Or is it broken?
    There was some issue with some system bits that are now being sorted. A new build is pending for today that should address the issue in the Settings app.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01/08/2015, 01:27 PM
  2. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12/01/2014, 08:52 PM
  3. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10/15/2014, 07:22 PM
  4. pivotCE: LuneOS receives praise from LWN.net
    By Preemptive in forum LuneOS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09/18/2014, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions