Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grotevoet
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I'm having problems installing uImage for LuneOS. I can't seem to figure out what I'm getting wrong. I've been following the instructions here Install LuneOS for Tenderloin - WebOS-Ports. Making the partition for lune-os root has been fine, but Installing the kernel is where I'm hitting a roadblock. I have downloaded the kernal (uImage), but I can't seem to get novaterm to put the uImage in the boot partition. Entering the command "novacom put file://boot/uImage.LuneOS < uImage" only turns up an error message: "/bin/sh: can't open uImage: no such file." Tried same process on both Novaterm and WOSQI to identical results.

I have both uImage and Moboot copied to the Novacom folder, but I'm still getting that error. Changing the Path variable returns the same result, it was previously set to a folder within Java. Currently on the verge of throwing my hands up and deleting everything, as I've already deleted the existing webOS kernel from the previous step :P, so I'm probably going to have to complete data reset and return to CM11 and WebOS for now. Does anybody have any hints, something tells me I'm committing a major oversight here. Thanks!
    You need to run Novacom from your pc/laptop so NOT on device. Putting the uImage in the same folder as Novacom is easiest when Novacom is not in your path.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You need to run Novacom from your pc/laptop so NOT on device. Putting the uImage in the same folder as Novacom is easiest when Novacom is not in your path.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    I was running from my device. Anyways, I actually got it working last night, I saw another post somewhere in the forum about running Command Prompt from the folder the files were located in, and so tried that, and it worked. Played with it for a bit, and then deleted after TP Toolbox didn't like having to install Android over both LuneOS and WebOS. I'm going to try to install Android first before LuneOS, see if that works. Given somebody has made a thread on it it should.
    I have been wondering why the instructions had this mix of Novaterm, Novacom, and WOSQI. So tonight I upgraded to Black Tie using just WOSQI.

Removed the older uImage.LuneOS from the WOSQI > Tools > Linux Commandline.
    Renamed the downloaded kernel file on my PC from uImage to uImage.LuneOS, and then used WOSQI > Tools > Send File to upload it to /boot.

Then removed the old files and untared the new archive, and the boot and first use went OK.

But there may well be a very good reason why the instructions are not limited to just WOSQI ...
    Garfonso likes this.
    Using just WOSQI is fine, too.
    Cannot boot into webOS after installing LuneOS. How to bring the webOS back?
    Uhm.. you mean it boots LuneOS all the time?
    Did you try to install mooboot?
    Basically you need to have /boot/uImage point to the webOS kernel in order to boot webOS again. Easiest is to have uImage point to mooboot and select OS at boot time. Maybe you accidentally did overwrite uImage with LuneOS kernel?