Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    pivotCE: Next LuneOS Stable Release Available: Black Tie

Black Tie is a traditional Thai iced tea with a good bit of spice for kick. Today’s Black Tie LuneOS release has the traditional look and feel of webOS with a good dose of modern software technology for a kick!

We try to get the releases out on the first of each month but we had some pretty big hiccups to overcome this time. Sorry for the delay but hey, all good things to those who wait, right? Besides, we don’t do timelines anyway! Read on for what changed and for the links, of course.

Read more
    Anyone tried the latest stable build on their wfii TouchPad? I cannot get the wifi to work. No matter how many reboots or restarts I try.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Anyone tried the latest stable build on their wfii TouchPad? I cannot get the wifi to work. No matter how many reboots or restarts I try.
    You did up date the kernel (uImage) too!

It is working here
    john
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I haven't had a chance to download it yet. Been hoping to get to it today.
    <headbang> I botched the install by some (really, really) noobish moves. Maybe I should not install so late at night, when I'm all worn out. Doctoring at the moment, but on the bright side at least I'll finally get around to installing another CM version as well as LuneOS.
    I tried it too and it's the same, no wifi. It turns for searching Networks, but no netwokrs can be found.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    No problem for me.
    Will the non dev image be updated its still on 2014-11-28.
    For the curious, it would be nice to see a demo video - anyone fancy making one?
    Ok, WiFi works after I installed the new kernel too.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daniel from Kranichfeld, Thüringen, Germay, Old Europe
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by john mcconnell View Post
    You did up date the kernel (uImage) too!

It is working here
    john
    Yes! You were right. The verbiage on the wiki is confusing for new kernels. For everyone's benefit, I clarified with our good friend, Herrie. Kernels get updated frequently. Make it a habit to install the new uImage whenever you update to a new build. I did not know the frequency of the kernel updates but now I do! SO, here's some instructions:
    1. Get the new uImage from the build release folder. For Black Tie it's here Index of /releases/blacktie/images/. Pick your image folder for your device and download the uImage file found there.
    2. I don't have novacom in my PATH because I'm lazy so I browsed to C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc and dropped the uImage file there. Then right clicked in that File Explorer window while holding shift and chose Open command window here.
    3. I booted my LuneOS touchpad into webOS and connected the USB cable to my computer and the TP
    4. I ran novaterm on my PC from the Palm, Inc folder in step 2 and issued the following commands:
    mount -o remount,rw /boot
    cd /boot
    And then I exited novaterm
    5. Back in the command window I opened in step 2 I issued the following command:
    novacom put file://boot/uImage.LuneOS < uImage

I then rebooted my TouchPad and wifi fired right up. Hopefully this helps someone else.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 12/07/2014 at 03:26 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Remy X, MAMISHO and Preemptive like this.
    On another note, TP doesn't want to stay awake. Max timeout is 3 minutes in settings. Issued:
    luna-send -n 1 -f luna://com.palm.display/control/setProperty '{ "timeout": 600 }'
    Should give me 10 minutes of on time. Working so far. Might make a quick demo video sometime tonight if I can get the time.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Remy X and Preemptive like this.
    These could be some side effects of some of the major updates that were done. Please raise a bug in the issue tracker for the team to look into :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    cbosdell likes this.
    will the
    webos-ports-image-tenderloin.tar.gz
    be updated to Black Tie ?

I dont use dev-image as they have less logging and told are faster.

Is there a reason why only Dev images are now listed?
    Not sure will check it out, but it won't be made available for Black Tie release anymore since we already moved ahead with building good stuff for Breve ;-). Anyway there is not much difference, some logging which is good because we have quite some bugs still and developer mode is enabled by default so you can use ADB and WOSQI :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    That's good news, moving forward fast, more info about the differences of Dev or non Dev would be appreciated. Maybe if there was a way to easily enable or disable Dev mode, only one version would be needed.
    I just remember early builds were faster without Dev mode maybe there little difference now.
    Looking great so far. How is the web browsing experience for anyone else? I haven't been able to load any site aside from google.com without the device rebooting, with out without programs turned on and with Javascript and plugins both on and off. This is after having reinstalled LuneOS, so is it normal?

EDIT: Looks like LuneOS can't handle big sites yet? Websites with lots of items such as NBA and NHL seem to be causing the problems. I was going to suspect login screens, but I logged on successfully to WebOSNation.
    Last edited by Chairman Honeycrisp; 12/13/2014 at 11:13 PM.
    Yes, on a TouchPad there are serious memory issues and currently LuneOS tends to crash & restart if memory runs out.

We are working on better reactions to memory shortage.
    That's great to hear. Otherwise LuneOS loaded up surprisingly quickly. Keep up the good work guys, this is definitely the start (or continuation) of something great here!
    Could not copy uImage.LuneOS to /boot folder, cp error no space for files.
    Must have had some corruption , and needed to delete Lost+Found folder under /boot
    Copy work OK after Lost+Found folder was deleted.

Hope this helps others that may have trouble copying files to /boot as it very small size folder.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast