Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 2 Post By borsheck
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I needs some help trying to figure this one out. I have two TouchPads. My TP 4G is setup with webOS and LuneOS, I can select either one when I power up the TP. However, my older TP - WiFi only, only lists webOS on boot up and actually automatically boots webOS, no other options are given.

I had followed the tenderloin (http://webos-ports.org/wiki/Template:Tenderloin_In
    stall_Steps) with both installations of LuneOS.

Note, that on the Wifi only version there is a PW for Developer Mode, which as I understand, can be removed without going to the Doctor, which I don't want to do. Too many applications installed.

I was able to remove the novacom passwd file that hindered my access via USB connection, so that was addressed.

Where do I look to address the LuneOS bootloader issue that I an not getting a menu selection for:

LuneOS
    webOS
    boot webOS Recovery
    reboot
    shutdown

I only see Selected: 'boot webOS', I do not get an option to select anything else, since there are no items in the menu list to select from.

I welcome your input...

Thanks in Advance!

Borsheck
    Sounds like you didn't put the uImage.LuneOS in /boot...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Actually it is there. The bootloader is only aware of webOS. Is there something else I need to check?
    I'm not real familiar with it, but my suspicion is that moboot reads the directory for all uImage.* files and just uses those names as what to display in it's menu.. maybe it verifies something else that is missing, though. I'm not real sure. Sorry I'm not more help.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Could you use that Cyboot app to 're-setup' the menu? I've only used it to change the default boot order, so I don't know if this would work. I think it just reads and alters some file somewhere, so if you can't add an entry in the app, directly altering the file might work.
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Could you use that Cyboot app to 're-setup' the menu? I've only used it to change the default boot order, so I don't know if this would work. I think it just reads and alters some file somewhere, so if you can't add an entry in the app, directly altering the file might work.
    I'll give the "Cyboot" app a try this evening. Fortunately I do have the working TP 4G that I can compare the boot folder and files with. The sad part is that the TP 4G's Wifi and Mobile data are not operational in the "Black Eye" LuneOS release.

I'll update the thread on what happens this evening.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'm not real familiar with it, but my suspicion is that moboot reads the directory for all uImage.* files and just uses those names as what to display in it's menu.. maybe it verifies something else that is missing, though. I'm not real sure. Sorry I'm not more help.
    You are probably correct, I started to compare the /boot folder contents between the TP Wifi and TP 4G systems, and did notice some differences. I will look into it again this evening and update the thread of what I saw. I was going to rename the extra files on the TP Wifi device, but didn't want to cause an issue that would cease it from booting up.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Thanks!!! The CYboot app worked like a charm. On the TP Wifi, both selections were set for webOS, so I changed the second to NONE, so I would have to pick from the listing and it worked.

Your suggestion saved the day for me.
    Remy X and Preemptive like this.