Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1.    #1  
    pivotCE: Next LuneOS Stable Release Available: Black Eye

It’s the first of the month so you know what that means! Rent is due! Oh, and the next stable release of LuneOS is available code named Black Eye. So pull out your TouchPad and/or Nexus 4 (and your checkbook for the rent) and get updating.

LuneOS – Black Eye Changelog:

First version of the new QML based first use application including fresh new layout.
    Wifi works at first use without reboot
    PIN/password support for the lockscreen.
    Various bug fixes and improvements for the browser.
    Memory caches for apps are now cleared when a new version gets installed.
    Performance overlay support for the compositor which can be enabled from settings app.
    Various bug fixes and improvements for CDAV Synergy service.
    Quota of 5MB for databases of web applications.
    Support for 64bit emulator.
    Bug fixes for Preware.
    Enabled verbose logging for WebAppManager by default.

Read the whole release Next LuneOS Stable Release Available: Black Eye | pivotCE
  2.    #2  
    Here's what we're working on for the not-so-distant future:
    Upgrade to qt 5.4, recent libhybris and qtwayland for improved graphics performance
    Upgrading to the next OpenEmbedded/Yocto release dizzy (see https://www.yoctoproject.org/blogs/j...%80%9D-release)
    Overall system performance improvements
    Further work on the messaging app with dummy backends and maybe SMS integration.
    Getting mobile data working
    First sketch of phone call support from the UI
    Quote Originally Posted by webOS Ports View Post
    Here's what we're working on for the not-so-distant future:
    Upgrade to qt 5.4, recent libhybris and qtwayland for improved graphics performance
    Upgrading to the next OpenEmbedded/Yocto release dizzy (see https://www.yoctoproject.org/blogs/j...%80%9D-release)
    Overall system performance improvements
    Further work on the messaging app with dummy backends and maybe SMS integration.
    Getting mobile data working
    First sketch of phone call support from the UI
    I know it's a detail, but will you work on apps tabs in the launcher ? Getting all in a single screen looks like a major flashback, especially after having used tabs in WebOS 3 along with the most famous "Add launcher tabs" patch
    I know it's a detail, but will you work on apps tabs in the launcher ? Getting all in a single screen looks like a major flashback, especially after having used tabs in WebOS 3 along with the most famous "Add launcher tabs" patch
    Initial work for it has been done already, the team is now testing and tweaking it a bit, so it can be included in a release in a not too distant future :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    lc_lol and Rnp like this.
    Go team! Thanks to you all for the hard work. I, for one, am very much appreciating how well this works on my Nexus 4.
    That header image made me chuckle. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    That header image made me chuckle. :-)
    I'll have you know I'm pretty proud of that little gem.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    A couple of things I noticed:

1. The name in the "About" section is still showing the old version
    2. When I open the browser my google account is already logged in
    3. The keyboard didn't work initially for me

The first might be an oversight, but the second seems to indicate that I haven't wiped the partition properly, but I did it twice with the same result.

Is LuneOS getting anything from the webOS/Android partitions? Or am I doing something wrong?

Ben
    I experienced the same 3 things - but the browser retaining your cookies is not new - those must be getting stored in a different filesystem, because ever since I installed LuneOS, every update my webosnation forums and google user names were remembered and signed in.

The browser has some definite improvements as far as rendering the correct fonts, and showing tap targets, but I was unable to post a reply here because it kept hanging on me when I tried to type in the quick reply box.
    Still no Wi-Fi for me with my TouchPad 4G. Besides that new build seems even more stable than the last. Good work everyone!
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Still no Wi-Fi for me with my TouchPad 4G. Besides that new build seems even more stable than the last. Good work everyone!
    The TP 4G is officially not supported or tested. I can confirm from my personal testing that booting LuneOS works fine, however someone would need to tweak the kernel a bit to get WiFi working. It's not on the Ports team to-do list, but if someone steps up with the right knowledge, we'll gladly help to get it working
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp and Mutoidi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    A couple of things I noticed:

1. The name in the "About" section is still showing the old version
    2. When I open the browser my google account is already logged in
    3. The keyboard didn't work initially for me

The first might be an oversight, but the second seems to indicate that I haven't wiped the partition properly, but I did it twice with the same result.

Is LuneOS getting anything from the webOS/Android partitions? Or am I doing something wrong?

Ben
    1. Oops yes we forgot that one, we'll include it in our pre/after release to-do list going forward. It's sorted for the next release already at least
    2. WebKit keeps some data on /media/internal.
    3. Can you clarify what didn't work?
    I'm most exited about : Quota of 5MB for databases of web applications.
    it means I might have some pandora steaming thru Apollo app. Time to update LuneOS.
    Hope I'll get some time today to play with it.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    I'm most exited about : Quota of 5MB for databases of web applications.
    it means I might have some pandora steaming thru Apollo app. Time to update LuneOS.
    Hope I'll get some time today to play with it.
    I'm not sure if it's for hosted web applications or for Enyo1/2 applications as well. Curious to see your findings!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I'm not sure if it's for hosted web applications or for Enyo1/2 applications as well. Curious to see your findings!
    I'll definitely hope I can close that ticket
    On the other hand is the only way to debug apps thru the webkit debugger, since the webapp-launcher is no more?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    1. Oops yes we forgot that one, we'll include it in our pre/after release to-do list going forward. It's sorted for the next release already at least
    2. WebKit keeps some data on /media/internal.
    3. Can you clarify what didn't work?
    On my first install I think I may have been too impatient and skipped the WiFi section in the new first use screens by accident. After that if I clicked in a text box the keyboard wouldn't come up.

On my second install I did see the WiFi section in the new first use screens and the keyboard worked there, but after getting in it didn't work when clicking on a text box

Both times a reboot fixed the issue.

You probably don't need to be told this but the new first use stuff is really impressive and professional.

Ben
    On my first install I think I may have been too impatient and skipped the WiFi section in the new first use screens by accident. After that if I clicked in a text box the keyboard wouldn't come up.

On my second install I did see the WiFi section in the new first use screens and the keyboard worked there, but after getting in it didn't work when clicking on a text box

Both times a reboot fixed the issue.

You probably don't need to be told this but the new first use stuff is really impressive and professional.

Ben
    I noticed that as well. The previous First Use was Enyo 2 based, this new one is QML based. I was able to replicate your behaviour, so I suspect it has to do with the way the QML app is being handled. Also Enyo 1/2 apps don't seem to run as well. A reboot indeed fixes it. I'll raise it with the team to address and fix :-)

Well, I guess I just figured that apps seems to hang on the splash screen
    And web inspector doesn't seem to be able to show anything just the apps running but then it's just blank
    Well, I guess I just figured that apps seems to hang on the splash screen
    And web inspector doesn't seem to be able to show anything just the apps running but then it's just blank
    Hmmz Preware and supplied apps work here, need to have a look at 3rd party ones though. Will figure out the best way to debug as well ;-)

Well, I've only tried Apollo of course but will try others. I'm more concerned about nothing showing in web inspector.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast