Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    It may just be failing before a screen is ever rendered.
    I can't get back anything in the web inspector even from the stock apps and yes I do have the dev image.
    Had just quick 5 min quality time with that so I didn't poke enough to find why it is doing that. Next thing is to pull the logs and try to look thru them and see if anything is there that will point to the problem. Also will try to install some other apps and see if they're doing better.
    LuneOS wikipedia web page is available at https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=LuneOS if you want to improve it.
    Hey! A Wikipedia article makes LuneOS a 'real' thing! ;-)

(but about that article) I thought it was a now standard Linux kernel (legacy is modified).

Or is 'modified' a way of saying, 'Android kernel'?

I'm not clear on this and my understanding is that the Android kernel is EXTREMELY stripped down & webOS could do cool stuff because under the UI it was basically a full Linux system.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/05/2014 at 04:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    Still no Wi-Fi for me with my TouchPad 4G. Besides that new build seems even more stable than the last. Good work everyone!
    I am in the same boat with you. I just installed LuneOS on my TP 32GB 4G AT&T system, and like what I see with the LuneOS, but I am on an island. Please help us find a way to the mainland...
    cbosdell likes this.
    I am in the same boat with you. I just installed LuneOS on my TP 32GB 4G AT&T system, and like what I see with the LuneOS, but I am on an island. Please help us find a way to the mainland...
    We would need someone to tweak the kernel a bit so wifi works. Unfortunately I lack the knowledge for this.....

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Keyboard not working seems key press is not recognized even though tap ripple is on key.
    I cant enter wifi password
    Had issue with tenderloin 9-11 and 12-11 using install after format of webos-ports-image-tenderloin.tar.gz
    Key press works ok in Calc app
    keyboard in browser app not working.

also test on second boot and same fault.
    Last edited by Firepower; 11/13/2014 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    Keyboard not working seems key press is not recognized even though tap ripple is on key.
    I cant enter wifi password
    Had issue with tenderloin 9-11 and 12-11 using install after format of webos-ports-image-tenderloin.tar.gz
    Key press works ok in Calc app
    keyboard in browser app not working.

also test on second boot and same fault.
    We're going through a big upgrade (QT, WebKit, OE/Yocto) for the new monthly release Black Tie that we plan to release early December. Lots of things will improve but for now the Virtual Keyboard is broken still. The developers are looking into this and we hope to have a fix shortly.

For now we can recommend to stay on the stable release and not use the nightlies until the VKB issue has been sorted.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    There is a bug in the LuneOS bug database for getting TP4G working.. that has a little bit of detail about how one might go about getting it to work.. involves building a kernel that supports the 4G.. (apparently a 4G kernel can support the regular TP, but not the other way around..)

It might not be too difficult to get a kernel like the one NewbyJE is using and get it in Lune. I don't know, just every time I start to have a little bit of time to do things, suddenly that time gets sucked up by other things
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    cbosdell likes this.
    Would be good if there was a simple change log for each nightly of what being worked on and if anything broken. (I expect bugs, but no KB is major problem, lol). How about a sticky post for nightly builds here. Nightly were OK until black eye. I go back to release until next release update. Thanks for all the great work.
    There are often many incremental, small changes. With nightlies normally things don't break like it did now. It seems a fix has been found and will be available soon (within the next days) in a new nightly. It's not do-able to really keep a detailed change log for the nightlies. You can follow the changes on GitHub, specifically in meta-webos-ports, currently the Dizzy branch is what we're working on.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Just a heads up that vkb is working again as of latest nightly. Added bonus: TP4G is now supported too thanks to the kernel work from jcsullins which we're using now! I can confirm WiFi is working on TP4G :-) On the N4 seems we don't have the hard requirement any longer for Android 4.2.2! 4.4.4 also seems to work (tested and confirmed!) I didn't test Android versions in between though.

Last edited by Herrie; 11/18/2014 at 03:08 AM.
    i2y4n and cbosdell like this.
    Yes! I have had a NIB TP4G waiting on the off chance this would happen.

I know what I am doing this weekend. Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Just a heads up that vkb is working again as of latest nightly. Added bonus: TP4G is now supported too thanks to the kernel work from jcsullins which we're using now! I can confirm WiFi is working on TP4G :-) On the N4 seems we don't have the hard requirement any longer for Android 4.2.2! 4.4.4 also seems to work (tested and confirmed!) I didn't test Android versions in between though.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Yes! I have had a NIB TP4G waiting on the off chance this would happen.

I know what I am doing this weekend. Rock!
    Have fun, please be aware that data connection still doesn't work automatically. You MIGHT be able to get it working by fiddling with ConnMan via command line, but no guarantees... Haven't tried it myself yet....
    Hey Herrie just for info i think i lost WIFI on the touchpad with last night build (11/17) ! Reboot twice but still not coming up.
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by john mcconnell View Post
    Hey Herrie just for info i think i lost WIFI on the touchpad with last night build (11/17) ! Reboot twice but still not coming up.
    John
    We switched kernels so make sure to update the uImage as well
    Latest nightly is working great with my TouchPad 4G. Great to have Wi-Fi connectivity.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Latest nightly is working great with my TouchPad 4G. Great to have Wi-Fi connectivity.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using [i]Forums
    Yup I'm happy with mine too :-) The Ericsson card is a bit picky so data will still need some tweaking before it'll work ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    cbosdell likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    The previous First Use was Enyo 2 based, this new one is QML based.
    QML - I assume it is this: QML - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What are good reasons to build an app in QML instead of Enyo2 ?
    Easier to write, to understand, to reuse, to debug ?
    more existing code to reuse, more powerful, more abstract ?
    Faster to writer, to build, to execute ?
    Just need some reasons why one should look into and learn QML.
    QML - I assume it is this: QML - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What are good reasons to build an app in QML instead of Enyo2 ?
    Easier to write, to understand, to reuse, to debug ?
    more existing code to reuse, more powerful, more abstract ?
    Faster to writer, to build, to execute ?
    Just need some reasons why one should look into and learn QML.
    Getting something working quickly is a lot easier compared to Enyo. I managed to build a pretty OK working browser without any prior QML knowledge. Doing the same in Enyo would be more difficult. Also performance wise QML has some advantages it seems.

Both can work fine though. Just QML is easier to learn and debug :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    Preemptive likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast