Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm really interested in putting LuneOS on, but I removed webOS when installing a Media/Data build. I see the trippleboot guides, but is there an Android/LuneOS guide?
    Some really smart person might want to jump in here later and clarify with specifics what I'm about to say but...

You can always do a nand backup of your android install using Android recovery and copy it off to a computer somewhere. Then reboot the touchpad into webOS recovery, use the 3.0.5 webOS doctor to restore webos, then refollow the android install guide to get the dual boot back and reapply the nand backup.

If you don't want to do that I'm not sure it's possible. The install method from webOS Ports requires novaterm which I don't believe works in Android on the touchpad but I could be mistaken.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Some really smart person might want to jump in here later and clarify with specifics what I'm about to say but...

You can always do a nand backup of your android install using Android recovery and copy it off to a computer somewhere. Then reboot the touchpad into webOS recovery, use the 3.0.5 webOS doctor to restore webos, then refollow the android install guide to get the dual boot back and reapply the nand backup.

If you don't want to do that I'm not sure it's possible. The install method from webOS Ports requires novaterm which I don't believe works in Android on the touchpad but I could be mistaken.
    The novaterm thing makes sense. Thanks,
    I also asked this and found no way to create the ext3fs patition using android.
    use touchpad toolbox to do data media reset then use it to create webOS volumes.
    then Run doctor as above.

You then have the choice of installing android again if you wish
    after that run tailor to create ext3fs luneos-root partition and follow luneos install instructions.

I am triple booting between android kitkat, webOS and LuneOS