Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    I know, the major work on LuneOS is core functionality. But there are some things i hardly miss on my TouchPad. So I opened tihs wish list to tell the community and the developers what functions are missing in my opinion.

- PGP/GnuPG integration in to E-Mail App
    - XMPP/Jabber support in messaging app with OTR
    (why does anybody look for a secure end-to-end messaging solution an make a few new apps - it exist and works great)

greetings...
    Daniel
    I just wish it would work dualboot on my Nexus 5

Heck, I wish it was running and coming with an appcatalog which is filled to the brim, but of course this is only a pipe dream ...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post

Heck, I wish it was running and coming with an appcatalog which is filled to the brim, but of course this is only a pipe dream ...
    Seems like we have some people, attempting a Nexus 5 port, though not the official project team currently

Who cares about apps? Apps will be a thing of the past quite soon with more and more websites and platforms fully embracing HTML5 and it's capabilities. Having a good browser helps a lot already with many things
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post

Amen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Seems like we have some people, attempting a Nexus 5 port, though not the official project team currently

Who cares about apps? Apps will be a thing of the past quite soon with more and more websites and platforms fully embracing HTML5 and it's capabilities. Having a good browser helps a lot already with many things

Who is trying to work on the ports for the nexus 5 now?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    Who is trying to work on the ports for the nexus 5 now?

LG SVL? LOL No I need to look into the logs to find the names
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Before I can start using LuneOS on a regular basis it needs two things: bluetooth support and a better terminal app. I know that I am in the minority of the minority here, but one of the main uses for my Touchpad is writing software vi(m). This means the the onscreen keyboard is a no go and while the included terminal app is interesting, it is useless for text editors like vi (at least I can't get it to work).

That being said I think something really neat would be to take Github's Atom editor and port it to LuneOS. The editor is basically a web app packaged in a custom version of Chrome. So it should be possible to strip out the custom Chrome and just package the javascript into a custom Enyo app...
    eblade likes this.
    While I'm dreaming, it would be REALLY cool to get Chromium running. Not because I dislike the Qt browser, but because that means you might be able to get ARChon running and have native Android apps available (You Can Now Run Android Apps on Chrome for Windows, Mac and Linux - OMG! Chrome!).

I know that it was stated that Android apps are not a priority, but if getting Chromium running is possible it looks like you get the Android apps almost for free. Of course I'm sure I am grossly overestimating the simplicity, but you know... excitement and all that...
    Hey Herrie - you're working on file uploads in the browser right? With a more standard browser architecture, that should be feasible - and it's something I've wished for on webOS since, oh, 2009.
    Hey Herrie - you're working on file uploads in the browser right? With a more standard browser architecture, that should be feasible - and it's something I've wished for on webOS since, oh, 2009.
    What you mean exactly with "file uploads"? Can you give me some example?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    What you mean exactly with "file uploads"? Can you give me some example?
    The ability to respond properly to an <input type="file" tag. For example, in order to attach a file to a post in this forum.
    eblade likes this.
    Blackberry's browser can do that, I don't think any other mobile platform does. I could be wrong, though, I've never tested it outside of webOS and Blackberry.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Blackberry's browser can do that, I don't think any other mobile platform does. I could be wrong, though, I've never tested it outside of webOS and Blackberry.
    iOS and Android browsers support file uploads too. So did the WinMO Treo I stopped using when I bought me Pre 5 years ago. I *assumed* it would come to webOS eventually... :/
    WinMo! Oh, the shame!

Can the forums app upload? Maybe there's a mechanism that can be used...
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    WinMo! Oh, the shame!

Can the forums app upload? Maybe there's a mechanism that can be used...

I added attachment code, but I can't get it to work on vbulletin forums, like the mobile nations forums use. It works on my phpBB forum and another one I use that I forget the software. The Tapatalk people are very unhelpful solving API issues too. The actual code to upload a file is fairly simple.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Modern browser
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by imurrx View Post
    Modern browser
    LuneOS has a browser built on modern technologies. So, wish granted.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Rnp likes this.
    Hm.. wishlist.. yeah.

- E-Mail app should support umlaut domains
    - Credentials management is missing
    - So is texting/messaging in general (parts on my TODO)
    - Group support in messaging app
    - mobile data support
    - A much nicer way of doing stuff cross app, like sharing URLs or Text. (on my TODO, but still early concept)
    - a lot of chat-service supported
    - working webview (on my TODO list)
    - working contacts app (only display right now)
    - working calendar app
    - Android app support ( does chromium really suffice, or do we need full fledged google chrome? Let's have a look...)

My major wish would be a lot more time to investigate all those ideas I have in my mind and finish some of them off.
    Preemptive, Rnp and elvispre like this.
    Nice list, now get to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Nice list, now get to work.
    lol Now, that's mean! If you've got time to be harrassing the LuneOS team, you've got time to find something on Legacy to patch! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    - A much nicer way of doing stuff cross app, like sharing URLs or Text. (on my TODO, but still early concept)
    I like this idea. I'm wondering if a 'send to' type entry in the edit list is a solution (in addition to copy, paste etc.). The user could specify target apps or services in the settings menu. Or send to 'just type' might be a good start as a conduit from one app to another.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/07/2014 at 10:54 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast