Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    Next LuneOS stable release available: Antoccino

Without further delay, you can find the newest LuneOS stable builds here. This release is code-named Antoccino and is the second stable release following our initial release named Affogato. Yes, there are other devices in the build folder which are available, however, the Nexus 4 and HP TouchPad are still the only two devices officially supported at this time. Test the other builds AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Read on...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/02/2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: title updated
    cbosdell, elvispre, Rnp and 1 others like this.
    A detailed but for sure not 100% complete Change Log for this release:
    -Hardware buttons (home, volume up/down and power) are now working on Touchpad.
    -Broken volume beyond maximum and minimum has been solved.
    -Switch from OpenEmbedded Dora to Daisy release as baseline
    -Using a central Web application manager component instead of a single launcher.
    -New browser application developed from scratch in the tradition of the old legacy browser.
    -Introduction of the new messaging application (no backend integration yet).
    -Fixed not working reboot/shutdown.
    -Improved card stack support (still disabled by default; needs to be enabled via Tweaks application).
    -App icon reordering for the quick launchbar which is synchronized into db8 for persistence.
    -Reworked notification API.
    -Universal search manager (Just Type) now uses https URLs by default for all default search providers.
    -Media indexer now generates thumbnails for indexed images.
    -Wallpaper chooser in the Settings application now uses the FilePicker component (accesses the media index).
    -All logging is now going through the journald system service. /var/log is not used anymore.
    -Various bug fixes and improvements for the C+DAV synergy connector.
    -Preware now has improved settings and app menu.
    -Installing updates when running a testing or unstable build is not possible anymore.
    -Playing audio will not break the audio subsystem anymore.
    -UTC+0 is now the default timezone of the system if user doesn't set another one.
    -Developer mode is now correctly handled and available through the Just type application by entering the konami code from legacy webOS.
    -Various bugs fixed and other improvements to the system.
    -(Nexus 4) WiFi connection are remember accross a reboot now.
    -(Touchpad) Allow to install LuneOS on a LVM partition named luneos-root as well as ext3fs so compatibility with Optware, Chroot and CM11 is guaranteed.
    -Fixed login issues with c+dav and Yahoo.
    -Added missing icon for DuckDuckGo search provider and improved support for search suggestions in Just Type.
    -Fixed pulseaudio startup on emulator.
    -Fixed wrong display contact phone numbers in contacts application.
    -Enabled verbose logging for the WebAppManager by default.
    -Use correct property of album db8 kind to store it's path.
    -Be backwards compatible after we've switched the name of the rootfs directory.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    elvispre likes this.
    Just to clarify, the Nexus GSM and Nexus 7 2012 images are NOT working. We'd be happy for a developer to look into getting these working again, it's probably nothing major, we just lack the time to maintain 5 different devices (4 real + emulator) within the team and prefer to focus on features instead.

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    So this browser...

I assume it doesn't have the 'reload' problem.
    How standards compliant is it?
    Can it be installed on Legacy webOS?
    ghmschulze likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So this browser...

I assume it doesn't have the 'reload' problem.
    How standards compliant is it?
    Can it be installed on Legacy webOS?
    -No reload problem, it's not based on BrowserServer/BrowserAdapter like on legacy. This is fully WebKit 2 powered QML browser. Even though the looks are the same, the engine is completely different. WebKit2 v.s. WebKit 1 running in the background. The UI is fully QML instead of Enyo 1 like with 3.0.x and Isis Browser. Just made to look similar to TP browser

-Standards compliance: 397/555 points on html5test.com, so I would say quite compliant. We've also implemented a flexible UA override possibility where we can indicate an exception to the standard UA we use ("Mozilla/5.0 (LuneOS;Tablet) WebKit/538.1") (for phones it would show "Mobile" instead of "Tablet") for a particular site. This can be done in the following file: https://github.com/webOS-ports/org.w...a-overrides.js it's located on your device in /usr/palm/applications/org.webosports.browser/qml/jsjsjs/$ua$-$overrides$.$js$

-Ports to legacy could be possible, but someone would need to get QT 5.2 or 5.3 working on legacy first. It can then be included in a binary that would be shipped. I personally don't have time or plans to do this though. For people willing to attempt to get QT working:
    See http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/HowtoQt for pointers, this worked back with 4.8 but would need some tweaking for 5.2/5.3. Probably not too difficult for someone who has experience with QT.
    Last edited by Herrie; 10/03/2014 at 02:06 AM.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Playing with LuneOS on TouchPad but can't get too far. I can't connect to my WiFi network. After I put in the pass phrase the Wifi dialog goes away and I'm not connected. I tried a reboot without success. Any hints on how to debug this?
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    davodego likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Playing with LuneOS on TouchPad but can't get too far. I can't connect to my WiFi network. After I put in the pass phrase the Wifi dialog goes away and I'm not connected. I tried a reboot without success. Any hints on how to debug this?
    On first boot the WiFi doesn't work for Touchpad (being looked into). WiFi connection sometimes has this problem that it just closes the Settings app. I noticed this as well. Retrying it a few times works usually. Once connected it will remember the network This probably has to do with the ConnMan plugin somehow, which is also being looked into.
    Last edited by Herrie; 10/03/2014 at 10:40 AM.
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    On first boot the WiFi doesn't work for Touchpad (being looked into). WiFi connection sometimes has this problem that it just closes the Settings app. I noticed this as well. Retrying it a few times works usually. Once connected it will remember the network This probably has to do with the ConnMan plugin somehow, which is also being looked into.
    Thanks. A few more attempts and the wifi came up. Web browser seems real snappy. Still can't figure out how to scroll sub-windows (with no scroll bars) rather than scrolling the whole page but that was a failing of the legacy browser as well.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Thanks. A few more attempts and the wifi came up. Web browser seems real snappy. Still can't figure out how to scroll sub-windows (with no scroll bars) rather than scrolling the whole page but that was a failing of the legacy browser as well.
    Yeah still lots of bugs to sort but we'll get there.

The browser has been in the works for a short period of time only. It's very basic for now but almost similar to 3.0.x feature wise already :-) html5test.com score is good, will be improved as well when we upgrade from QT 5.2 to 5.3/5.4.

I had an early stab at a scroller but wasn't too happy with it (zoom stopped working), so removed it for now. If you have a sample site to test, let me know and I can use that while testing various scrolling options :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

I had an early stab at a scroller but wasn't too happy with it (zoom stopped working), so removed it for now. If you have a sample site to test, let me know and I can use that while testing various scrolling options :-)

The PivotCE web app is a perfect example of a site with scrolling issues (at least it was last night while I was poking at things while half asleep).
    Web app? Are you talking about the site or about the tweak that displays it in the app catalogue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Web app? Are you talking about the site or about the tweak that displays it in the app catalogue?
    They've packaged up a few mobile sites (YouTube, gmail, twitter, pivotce) as apps and they are in Preware 2.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Yeah... but they have some issues.. or at least had.
    Hey all. I have a TP4G that I've recently run the Android toolkit on that completely blows away webOS on it. Any tips for getting it into a state where it can have Lune installed?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Hey all. I have a TP4G that I've recently run the Android toolkit on that completely blows away webOS on it. Any tips for getting it into a state where it can have Lune installed?
    Need to reinstall webOS, I tried to find other option but no easy way to create ext3fs lvm using android. Just reinstall webOS and use tailor.
    Is that "blow it away again then create Webos volumes in toolbox then run a 305 doctor"?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Finally had a chance to update this evening. Everything looks good.

Only having one issue - are there any tricks to connecting to wi-fi? I've tried scanning and it never finds anything and I've tried manually typing in the network name but it never lets me input the password anywhere to attempt to connect.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    I've only had the issue with no WiFi networks showing up one time - and I think that was on the latest stable image. A reboot cured it.
    It seems that wifi somehow takes too long to come up at the first boot (being looked into), a reboot solves that :-) In case it keeps scanning and not finding networks on another occasion: Turn off wifi, reboot, turn on wifi. These are both known issues and are being looked into by the team :-)

No Wifi on Nexus 4.

I tried the stable Version and the latest nightly built.

I tried Turn off wifi, reboot, turn on wifi. But I can't find my Wifi network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast