Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    No Wifi on Nexus 4.

I tried the stable Version and the latest nightly built.

I tried Turn off wifi, reboot, turn on wifi. But I can't find my Wifi network.
    You need to have Android 4.2.2 on your Nexus 4 for it to work due to specific firmware requirements currently which are only only included in 4.2.2. We plan on updating to a more recent version of Android in the future.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You need to have Android 4.2.2 on your Nexus 4 for it to work due to specific firmware requirements currently which are only only included in 4.2.2. We plan on updating to a more recent version of Android in the future.

WiFi worked fine on my Nexus 4 in the last built from September. Dev and stable Built.
    WiFi worked fine on my Nexus 4 in the last built from September. Dev and stable Built.
    Nothing was really changed in that regard. Turn WiFi off, reboot, go to Settings and turn it back on :-)

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Yeah, wifi does work but you might have to be persistent. It wouldn't pick up my home network... but eventually (after several attempts, several minutes and several restarts) it did.
    Yeah, wifi does work but you might have to be persistent. It wouldn't pick up my home network... but eventually (after several attempts, several minutes and several restarts) it did.

Stability sometimes is an issue with WiFi, we're looking into this (could be due to the plugin), I've noticed this myself as well, where Settings app would close after entering the password.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Stability sometimes is an issue with WiFi, we're looking into this (could be due to the plugin), I've noticed this myself as well, where Settings app would close after entering the password.

Plugin?
    Plugin?
    The Settings app is Enyo 2, but I believe it communicates with ConnMan via a plugin.

I've tried turning Wi-Fi off several times and rebooting then turning it back on but it's yet to detect my network (at home or work) or any of my neighbors. I have the TouchPad 4G. I'm not sure if that's causing any issues. I completely understand if there are differences that keep it from being supported if that is the case though.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Need to test it on my 4G TP then, I vaguely recall it worked in the past but could be mistaken....

cbosdell likes this.
    Hello,

I have a succesful triple boot with last stable version on my Touchpad. Thank you a lot.

I have an issue with touch screen. When I touch the screen several times in a row, the icon pointing where I touch the screen sometimes point another location on the borders. I think it loses one of the coordinates.

Anyone with this issue?

Thanks.
    Last edited by capape; 10/12/2014 at 05:25 AM.
    I think that is common. For me they usually show at the top of the screen rather than the left, but I may just be noticing it more at the top.
    what is the procedure to update?
    I have been running TAR and overwriting current lune.Os with the new image.
    but im not sure if thets correct as i dont see much difference.

mount -o remount,rw /
    mount /dev/store/luneos-root /media/luneos-root
    cd /media/internal
    tar xzf webos-ports-image-tenderloin.tar.gz -C /media/luneos-root
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    OK, received a gift card from work for $100 and purchased a second TP from Amazon (good deal/great cond) so I could install LuneOS.
    1) Install went very smooth and had no issues
    2) Boot up time seems slower than 3.0.5 (could just be me....anxious to try it out )
    3) Really like the backswipe LED and function
    4) Preware 2 has nice layout: downloaded the following:
    -Gmail (works, but can't scroll withing an email)
    -Twitter (works, just logged in but didnt do much else)
    -PivotCE (works)
    -Trello (never used before, but created a profile and will try it out)
    -Gmaps (just installed it, need to try it out)
    5) Couldnt connect to WiFi at first, then the second day my routers appeared (magic )

Good job WebOS-ports!!!!!
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I think that is common. For me they usually show at the top of the screen rather than the left, but I may just be noticing it more at the top.
    Had the same artifact on my TP 32GB
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    New issue: screen fades after a few minutes of use, tried adjusting brightness in the settings but it had not affect.
    I finally re-tested the email app, and this is the first build that I have had the email contents displayed. All previous builds it would just show 'retrieving email content' for a while then error saying it could not be displayed.

On thing I don't recall seeing mentioned that I'm going to add an issue for if there isn't already one, is the keyboard hiding when you tap between different input fields. Re-tapping in the field once or twice brings it back..
    yeah - no TAB key as in webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by capape View Post
    Hello,

I have a succesful triple boot with last stable version on my Touchpad. Thank you a lot.

I have an issue with touch screen. When I touch the screen several times in a row, the icon pointing where I touch the screen sometimes point another location on the borders. I think it loses one of the coordinates.

Anyone with this issue?

Thanks.
    I did see that a couple of times when I was playing with it briefly (Note to all: it works on tp4g, but WiFi doesn't), old webOS also had a similar problem sometimes, but it's probably completely unrelated despite having similar symptom. Unless the hardware is actually reporting incorrect locations.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I finally re-tested the email app, and this is the first build that I have had the email contents displayed. All previous builds it would just show 'retrieving email content' for a while then error saying it could not be displayed.

On thing I don't recall seeing mentioned that I'm going to add an issue for if there isn't already one, is the keyboard hiding when you tap between different input fields. Re-tapping in the field once or twice brings it back..
    That's actually a super awesome feature of webOS that all the other systems drive me nuts with -- in webOS (on tablet or tv) -any- time an input field is focused, there's a keyboard. On iOS and Android, it's quite easy to get an input field focused without a keyboard .. and that's useless.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    That's actually a super awesome feature of webOS that all the other systems drive me nuts with -- in webOS (on tablet or tv) -any- time an input field is focused, there's a keyboard. On iOS and Android, it's quite easy to get an input field focused without a keyboard .. and that's useless.
    Actually, that is exactly what happens. After I enter a value in one field and tap another field, the keyboard goes away. I have to tap the field again for the keyboard to re-appear.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast