Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Does it have to be vanilla 4.2.x?
    Or can it be custom like CM.

My gnex is my daily driver right now do downgrading would be time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I checked with the dev, seems 4.2 is required for Maguro and Grouper.
    Can be custom. The dev will test himself also soon, so you can wait a bit ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I want to be able to test, that's my wheelhouse, so I need to understand what version to use. :-)

For a moment I thought I might need to be on the maguro CM 11 nightly given the cm 11 base noted on the build page of the wiki.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Did you try the latest nightly package? There were some fixes applied that might solve the problem for Grouper/Maguro I was told
    It does not work. I have the same problems and a new one with "Dependency failed for The Luna Next WebApp manager.".
    All the log with the errors messages is available here :
    Ports - Bug #729: webOS/Luneos does not work with Google Nexus 7 2012 Wifi - webOS Ports
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick56 View Post
    Hello,

If you want to install webOS on your Nexus 7 device, use the latest following ROM (2014/04/29) (release 20) that works : http://build.webos-ports.org/luneos-...50-020-222.zip

It took for me several days to find this latest ROM that works.

All information that you need to install webOS on, your device is available here :
    Install LuneOS for Grouper - WebOS-Ports

Best regards.

Yannick
    Where can I find this image? The link is dead...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihatsu View Post
    Where can I find this image? The link is dead...
    Hello Shihatsu,

Somebody delete the "old" folder at Index of /luneos-stable/images/grouper/ , I don't know who is the guy that did that.
    If you read this post, is there somebody from webos-ports.org that can restore this folder and all the files in this folder ?

I have a copy on my computer that I have uploaded.
    You can download the file webos-ports-dev-package-grouper-20140429174850-020-222.zip at Free - Envoyez vos documents (Send your documents) (Free.fr. is one of the main ISP in France). It will available only 30 days.
    I hope it will help you if you want to debug webos/luneos for Nexus 7.

Yannick
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hi Yannik,

thank you very much for sharing the latest stable release!
    Hello Shihatsu,

Somebody delete the "old" folder at Index of /luneos-stable/images/grouper/ , I don't know who is the guy that did that.
    If you read this post, is there somebody from webos-ports.org that can restore this folder and all the files in this folder ?

You can download the file webos-ports-dev-package-grouper-20140429174850-020-222.zip at Free - Envoyez vos documents (Send your documents) (Free.fr. is one of the main ISP in France). It will available only 30 days.

Yannick
    I noticed this as well, there was some reorganization of the build server and the Affogato release images got deleted by mistake. We'll try to rebuild these. If someone has the images (Affogato release, from early September) readily available for the Grouper/Maguro, please contact me.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hello Shihatsu,
    Yannick
    Hi,

I'd like to try out the last running version of LuneOS for the Nexus7, but the link above seems to be dead (or I don't understand enough of french language...)

Would it be possible for someone to provide the version, or a new link to one, that I could give it a try?

Would be really nice.

Thanks in advance,
    sewziq.
    Hi,

I have same problem as sewzig. Cannot find the latest working n7 (stage 20) image anywhere, yannick56's link seems to be dead too. if anyone has the image, it would be greatly appreciated if he/she could upload it to another cloud hosting service, MEGA for examle. Thanks in advance.
    They're hinting at something here:
    https://twitter.com/webosports/statu...91699847581697

New build?
    Yes! We managed to get it working again! Well sort of. It won't work on 1st boot so you'll have to reboot and then it should be OK.

You can find the nightly here:
    http://build.webos-ports.org/luneos-...ge-grouper.zip

Still same requirements as before with regards to Android version required.

So still 4.2.2?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    So still 4.2.2?
    For now yes. We have plans to upgrade to 4.4.x but due to lack of time of our kernel guys we didn't get to it yet since it's quite a big task, so we're doing a lot of small other things now that also need doing
    Is there any hope at some point in the future for dual-boot on the Nexus devices like there is on the Touchpad? I like being able to use the N4 as a phone once in a while, but I hate wiping my LuneOS installation to do it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Grabber:

On the pre-alpha images, I used to back up my GNex with CWM, then install luneos. Then use CWM to back up luneos install.

I would switch back and forth by booting to recovery and picking the backup I wanted.

Haven't tested if that still works or not.
    There's also something called Multirom but I haven't played with this myself yet.

I restored an Android backup over a LuneOS and it went into a boot loop. Alan said I should have erased first. I did run a backup of LuneOS first, but haven't tried to restore it.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    O guys, I missed a month or two observing this thread and the forums and look WHAT I have missed - I bow my head before you, sirs! Will install tonight, can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Is there any hope at some point in the future for dual-boot on the Nexus devices like there is on the Touchpad? I like being able to use the N4 as a phone once in a while, but I hate wiping my LuneOS installation to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Grabber:

On the pre-alpha images, I used to back up my GNex with CWM, then install luneos. Then use CWM to back up luneos install.

I would switch back and forth by booting to recovery and picking the backup I wanted.

Haven't tested if that still works or not.
    Just raising this thread from the dead to say that restoring backups does still work. I wipe, then restore, and if I was on a newer modem, I re-flash the older 4.2.2 modem (ver .84 I believe). It's a quick way to swap between LuneOS, FFOS, Ubuntu Touch, Sailfish, and Android.
    MudShark22 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast