Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By webOS Ports
  • 2 Post By mrmarquis9
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 2 Post By thrrgilag
  1.    #1  
    I have Ubuntu touch and android L currently installed on my nexus 5 I would love to add luneOs to this list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's great!

Of course, LuneOS WOULD HAVE TO BE PORTED the Nexus 5 first! If you would like to try, we have started a porting guide: Porting Guide - WebOS-Ports

The development team can advise if you wish to port to a new device.

You can see from our release that we are currently focused on developing the functionality of the core system, but encourage efforts to port to new devices.
    Official Release of LuneOS and Project Updates | pivotCE

There is a thread here on triple booting: Triple boot CM9, webOS/CE & LuneOS?
    We do not currently support triple booting, but it may well be possible on your device depending on storage availability.
    Last edited by webOS Ports; 09/17/2014 at 06:23 PM.
    I am no Pro when it comes to Linux - ish installation procedures, so I guess you won't recommend me trying to install LuneOS as dualboot on my Nexus 5 eh?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    See above. As NO PORT FOR THE NEXUS 5 EXISTS, we would STRONGLY DISCOURAGE you from attempting to install!

If you have one of the supported devices, you could try that, but remember Affogato is alpha release software. We have some strict sounding rules on webOS-Ports. They are partly there to warn off the unwary.

If you are not confident in your installation skills, it may be a good idea to wait & watch developments here and on pivotCE until LuneOS has better functionality and an easier install process. Or you can gain confidence by carefully reading the WebOS-Ports website and other information on the web. We welcome testers who can give us valuable feedback.
    Last edited by webOS Ports; 09/17/2014 at 06:10 PM.
    xandros9 likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    I am no Pro when it comes to Linux - ish installation procedures, so I guess you won't recommend me trying to install LuneOS as dualboot on my Nexus 5 eh?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
    it hard bricked my nexus lol time for a replacement
    Last edited by mrmarquis9; 09/17/2014 at 04:05 PM.
    TJs11thPre and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    it hard bricked my nexus lol time for a replacement
    Wow. Well I can only hope that's a joke, but I have capitalized the important points above.

THERE IS NO PORT OF LUNEOS FOR THE NEXUS 5.

If you want one, you need the skills to be able to do it yourself or wait patiently for someone else to do it for you.

LuneOS Affogato release is ONLY available for the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 tablet, Nexus 4 (FOUR) and Touchpad. Official Release of LuneOS and Project Updates | pivotCE

Nightly and future releases will NOT support the Gnex & Nexus 7 unless volunteers offer to maintain these builds.
    It's pretty hard to brick a Nexus phone with software. There are a lot of toolkits out there that should help you get back up and running. You can run a recovery from ADB and even overwrite the boot portion.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  8.    #8  
    I know there isn't a official port lol but I took the risk and bricked it. It only vibrates so if anyone has any idea how to un brick it I would love some help lol

Did you just install some random image? Or did you try to make a port? You like to live on the edge, don't you?! ;-)
    mrmarquis9 likes this.
    You could start here: xda-developers - General Search: Unbrick Nexus 5

Read carefully before proceeding...
    Last edited by webOS Ports; 09/19/2014 at 10:27 AM.
  11.    #11  
    Lol well I decided to try to but the nexus 4 port on it. I know it was a retarded idea lol but why not! Also the link is invalid but thanks for the help!

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Some helpful information for those who may have tried to flash the Nexus 4 ROM onto a Nexus 5.

As it turns out, the boot partition on the Nexus 4 (mmcblk0p6) happens to be where the bootloader is located on a Nexus 5. So if you flash a Nexus 4 rom on a Nexus 5 you can end up blowing away the bootloader. Fortunatly, there is a backup booloader located in another partition but getting it to come up is a bit tricky. The phone has to be commpletely off, then power on holding both vol keys + power and it should bring up the spare bootloader. From there just flash the factory image and it'll restore your phone. I found the information on it here.

[bootloader] [unbrick] Second Bootloader on … | Nexus 5 | XDA Forums

I haven't found a magical button sequence to ensure the phone is off unfortunatly, I ended up disconnecting the battery which involves opening up the device.
    Preemptive and mrmarquis9 like this.
  13.    #13  

Thanks I'm reviving it now

14.    #14  

Thanks everyone it's working again!