Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone done a triple boot of CM9, webOS/CE & newly installed LuneOS?

I would love to do this, but don't want to do it if I have the do a fresh install. Can it be done alongside a current cm9 and webOS setup without disturbing the 2 other OS's?

Otherwise I hate to say I probably won't get to try LuneOS out

Thanks
    vgg likes this.
    Hi! Me too I would love to have the triple boot.
    I have seen the webos-ports instruccions but doesn't mention a triple boot

I've read and understand the rules

I'm afraid to mess up my actual dual boot,

I guess I justo need to brave enough to test.
    Last edited by sgcheco; 09/11/2014 at 08:28 PM.
    vgg likes this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I have this setup and it was quite easy. Will write up some instructions from memory later on.
    Ben
    MartinH@webos and vgg like this.
    I finally got all webOS/LuneOS/CM11 triple booting on my TouchPad tonight but I had to do a fresh install anyways so I figured why not. It's nice but some instructions in one place would be easier for everyone. I never could get it to work before the fresh install as it always said there was insufficient space in my boot directory for the LuneOS uImage.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    vgg likes this.
    I did it CM 10.2(Which I like)/ LuneOS/Webos
    vgg likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    I have this setup and it was quite easy. Will write up some instructions from memory later on.
    Ben
    This is good news! Looking forward to read the instructions.
    Did you or someone use the TouchPad Toolbox for this ? I'd like to use that tool for LuneOS too.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    OK, please read the dislaimer on the install page (Install WOP for Tenderloin - WebOS-Ports) carefully as these instructions are from memory:

I had webOS 3.0.5 and CM9 installed on my touchpad and this is what I remember doing to install LuneOS, creating a triple boot with the existing OSs:

On the wiki, perform step 1 (Create an ext3fs lvm partition). I used Tailor.

I installed tailor and rebooted, but even after reboot I kept getting an error "Danger Will Robinson... Jails are active...". I found a post from Rod when someone had that issue and he asked what mounts were present, the reply was a mount related to tweaks and Rod said to unmount that and continue. This did the job for me. Just needed to "Check File System", "Resize" the usb partition to reduce it by about a gig, then "Create new partition" in the unused space.

You may be able to skip steps 2 and 3 of the install instructions if you already have Moboot installed and don't want to update it. I had Moboot (0.3.4 from the CM9 install) and initially successfully booted LuneOS, but later decided to update Moboot to the version recommended in the wiki.

Peform step 4 to download the uImage for LuneOS.

I used the command line from webOS QuickInstall rather than Novaterm only because I was more familiar with that.

Perform the first line of the commands:
    mount -o remount,rw /boot

You can skip the "rm uImage" if not updating Moboot

Perform the next command line to put the uImage file as uImage.LuneOS (again I used the webOS QuickInstall file transfer)

If you are updating Moboot, perform the next line to put the uImage.moboot_0.3.8 as uImage

You can skip the line that starts with "ln -sf ..." as this is already done from the CM9 install.

Perform step 5 on the wiki. I had to unmount (eject from Windows file explorer) the touchpad's usb partition as it was mounted from copying the file over.(note that you can download the non "dev" image, just make sure you adjust the "tar xzf ..." command with the filename you downloaded)

Hopefully I haven't left anything out or made a mistake that causes you to kill your existing installs.
    Ben
    vgg, capape, poehoes and 3 others like this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    This is good news! Looking forward to read the instructions.
    Did you or someone use the TouchPad Toolbox for this ? I'd like to use that tool for LuneOS too.
    I haven't used the Toolbox.
    Ben
  9. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    I haven't used the Toolbox.
    Ben
    I've used the toolbox to install kitkat and ubuntu on touchpad (retaining webos of course) and am aiming to install luneos on it this weekend. I'll write up instructions and post here if I'm successful. if the proverbial hits the fan however I'll drown my sorrows with something appropriate.....
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    I've used the toolbox to install kitkat and ubuntu on touchpad (retaining webos of course) and am aiming to install luneos on it this weekend. I'll write up instructions and post here if I'm successful. if the proverbial hits the fan however I'll drown my sorrows with something appropriate.....
    help many steps to triple boot. losing the dual boot scary. hope instructions

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
  11. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    help many steps to triple boot. losing the dual boot scary. hope instructions

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    I'll try not to miss out any instructions and be as comprehensive as possible...
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    If you have ACL installed.
    I've found that Tailor and ACL don't mix too well. You may have to disable ACL from starting. Navigate to /etc/event.d/ and move start-acl and start-acl-services to Downloads (or rename them?) and then restart the TP. Tailor will then be able to Check the Filesystem as you can close all the Jails.

Once you've done the work, move these files back.

DO NOT LOSE THE FILES! It is probably best practice to copy first and make a backup before 'deleting' the files - just in case.
  13.    #13  
    Also to my understanding, if someone makes a guide that lets you install it alongside a cm9/webos setup without losing the current setups, then the OS would update itself via updates right? I wouldn't have to flash updates, as it uses an over the air update on LuneOS right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryancell View Post
    Also to my understanding, if someone makes a guide that lets you install it alongside a cm9/webos setup without losing the current setups, then the OS would update itself via updates right? I wouldn't have to flash updates, as it uses an over the air update on LuneOS right?
    I don't think the update system is ready yet...

Affogato release: Known bugs
    behn, your guide has worked for me.
    Thank you
    I'll try not to miss out any instructions and be as comprehensive as possible...
    has managed to triple boot? how it goes? Espero el tutorial. Gracias

enviado desde mi touchpad
  17. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    has managed to triple boot? how it goes? Espero el tutorial. Gracias

enviado desde mi touchpad
    Have not had success as yet, will try again (I'd run out of space on my boot partition and am trying to get around this) but then my sister in law has had a problem with her android phone and so I've spent the past weekend sorting her phone out. Sorry will have to try again next weekend but when I do I will post results etc....

cheers

Vito
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Have not had success as yet, will try again (I'd run out of space on my boot partition and am trying to get around this) but then my sister in law has had a problem with her android phone and so I've spent the past weekend sorting her phone out. Sorry will have to try again next weekend but when I do I will post results etc....

cheers

Vito
    Was able to triple boot CM11, WebOS 3.0.5, and LuneOS.......
    Use touchpad toolbox to do a complete wipe and set up partitions, install WebOS 3.0.5 (following JCS directions on XDA forum), then follow the webosports instructions for installing LuneOS if you already have an android boot partition
    PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE WEBOS PORTS INSTRUCTIONS....THERE ARE SPECIFIC COMMANDS YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW TO GET THIS TO WORK......sorry for raising my voice

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????
  19. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLives View Post
    Was able to triple boot CM11, WebOS 3.0.5, and LuneOS.......
    Use touchpad toolbox to do a complete wipe and set up partitions, install WebOS 3.0.5 (following JCS directions on XDA forum), then follow the webosports instructions for installing LuneOS if you already have an android boot partition
    PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE WEBOS PORTS INSTRUCTIONS....THERE ARE SPECIFIC COMMANDS YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW TO GET THIS TO WORK......sorry for raising my voice

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for this - I've been swamped with work/family and my brother has just broken his pre3 but managed to buy himself a replacement and so have been sorting that out for him. Now with HP's announcement the next few weekends is going to be spent backing everything up. But thanks for the pointers above...cheers

v2
    If you use the tailor alpha, the instructions get a lot easier. See here Tailor alpha test
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast