Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 89
Like Tree27Likes
  1. #61  
    Install guide for LuneOS is here: Install LuneOS for Tenderloin - WebOS-Ports

    For tripple boot you just have to be a bit more careful with how to setup the partitions, but it sounds like you already did that step.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Install guide for LuneOS is here: Install LuneOS for Tenderloin - WebOS-Ports

    For tripple boot you just have to be a bit more careful with how to setup the partitions, but it sounds like you already did that step.
    Thanks for respoding. I should have been more precise.
    I have WebOS-CE and Cyanogen already installed; so I already had moboot 0.3.8, all working nicely. I followed most of the steps in the guide, trying to take into account that I already had moboot and Cyanogen installed. LuneOS partition successfully created, and the kernel and image (LuneOS) installed to that partition. However, LuneOS does not show up in moboot. That's where I'm stuck. I notice that I seem to be mising a file in /boot that should probably be called "moboot.splash.LuneOS.tga".

    I would very much appreciate specific instructions to find and/or solve the problem.
    Last edited by shneor; 05/03/2015 at 11:05 PM.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3. #63  
    The LuneOS kernel (i.e. uImage file) needs to go to the boot partition, not the LuneOS partition. If there is a "uImage.LuneOS" file in the boot partition, it should show up in moboot, like here: Install LuneOS for Tenderloin - WebOS-Ports

    If that is not working, then I have no further ideas, I fear.. :-/
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    The LuneOS kernel (i.e. uImage file) needs to go to the boot partition, not the LuneOS partition. If there is a "uImage.LuneOS" file in the boot partition, it should show up in moboot, like here: Install LuneOS for Tenderloin - WebOS-Ports

    If that is not working, then I have no further ideas, I fear.. :-/
    I checked /boot again with wterm - turned out that I had a comma instead of a period in the name of the image file. Once I renamed it, all seems to be OK, it booted up just fine.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Garfonso likes this.
  5. #65  
    One thing I really like about LuneOS is that the email app works with Yahoo mail. The original broke beginning March, when Yahoo removed the palm.imap interface.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    MudShark22 likes this.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryancell View Post
    Edited: Up and running triple boot webOS, CM12 & LuneOS now for the sake of "it can be done". I look forward to seeing how LuneOS progresses...surely not my daily driver probably, but happy to have it as an option to tinker with now too.
    as amble serious to give us the steps to install luneOs
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    One thing I really like about LuneOS is that the email app works with Yahoo mail. The original broke beginning March, when Yahoo removed the palm.imap interface.
    The webOS app works with Yahoo - you have to install the new certificates. Yahoo still uses the IMAP interface.
    https://pivotce.com/2015/03/05/guide-fixing-yahoo-mail/
  8. #68  
    someone give me step by step to install moon you? I already have installed web OS and Android.
  9. nemogamo's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #69  
    does anyone install this on TP 4G variant ?
    does cellular network work or not ?
  10. #70  
    I don't think cellular data on TP 4G works in LuneOS. But not 100% sure. What today works is WiFi (was a no go before, too, because it is slightly different from plain TP). If cellular on TP4G works in cyanogenmod it might work in LuneOS one day (or already does).
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I don't think cellular data on TP 4G works in LuneOS. But not 100% sure. What today works is WiFi (was a no go before, too, because it is slightly different from plain TP). If cellular on TP4G works in cyanogenmod it might work in LuneOS one day (or already does).
    Cellular has some issues on TP4G still. Being looked into but no solution yet. Seems that all in background is more or less OK technically, just no public IP is obtained and therefore internet connection is not working for some reason. WiFi works fine though.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  12. #72  
    I've heard there are android 4.x ROMs that correctly work with 4g, i haven't found any 5.x that do though

    Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  13. #73  
    Very interesting Thread!!!
  14. #74  
    I've had the triple boot set up on my TP4G, with CM11 from NewbyJE, for a while. The 4.4.4 build has been solid. But I'm on vacation, and I decided to play around with a different Android build and got to the point that I could install it. The problem is that the Android uImage (for a Marshmallow build) is bigger than the one for CM11 and there's not enough space in the /boot partition to have the uImage for webOS, LuneOS, the TWRP recovery and Android all together. It looks like I'm about 200KB short.

    So, I'm hoping that either (1) there's a way, even if it's difficult, to expand the /boot partition to hold all the files, or (2) there's something in the /boot partition I can delete to free up that last bit of space. I've attached an image of the /boot directory here, if anyone would be willing to take a look at it. There's an image of someone else's /boot partition in the instructions for installing LuneOS at webOS-Ports, and the Cyanogenmod uImage is only 3.8 MB instead of the 5.3 MB I need for this build to install.

    Someone earlier in this thread mentioned swapping the LuneOS uImage for an Android Lollipop uImage whenever he wanted to boot into one or the other, but that seems fraught with potential error for me at my level of Linux skills. Is there another solution? Or do I need to swap the uImage as mentioned earlier?

    Any help appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by krotech; 06/15/2016 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Clarity
  15. #75  
    Just throwing this out there. There is a way to use a Y cable to make the TP (and maybe the phones) into a USB host.

    I wonder if it's possible to set up the boot loader so you can boot from an external drive? It would likely have to remain tethered, but possibly useful for rarely used or testing images.

    Functional USB Host on Touchpad
    http://www.webosnation.com/hp-touchp...epped-sd-cards
    Last edited by Preemptive; 06/15/2016 at 12:37 PM.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I've had the triple boot set up on my TP4G, with CM11 from NewbyJE, for a while. The 4.4.4 build has been solid. But I'm on vacation, and I decided to play around with a different Android build and got to the point that I could install it. The problem is that the Android uImage (for a Marshmallow build) is bigger than the one for CM11 and there's not enough space in the /boot partition to have the uImage for webOS, LuneOS, the TWRP recovery and Android all together. It looks like I'm about 200KB short.

    So, I'm hoping that either (1) there's a way, even if it's difficult, to expand the /boot partition to hold all the files, or (2) there's something in the /boot partition I can delete to free up that last bit of space. I've attached an image of the /boot directory here, if anyone would be willing to take a look at it. There's an image of someone else's /boot partition in the instructions for installing LuneOS at webOS-Ports, and the Cyanogenmod uImage is only 3.8 MB instead of the 5.3 MB I need for this build to install.

    Someone earlier in this thread mentioned swapping the LuneOS uImage for an Android Lollipop uImage whenever he wanted to boot into one or the other, but that seems fraught with potential error for me at my level of Linux skills. Is there another solution? Or do I need to swap the uImage as mentioned earlier?

    Any help appreciated.
    Tp toolbox can easily fix your resizing needs. Just boot it up and resize partitions. Pull space from /media or /data and then add it to boot and apply. Done!

    Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  17. #77  
    I didn't see /boot as a place I could modify in TPToolbox. I'll look again and ask for help if I need it.

    *sigh* I probably will.
  18. #78  
    I didn't see an option in TPToolbox to resize /boot.

    However, I was able to setup a triple boot (Evervolv / WebOS / LuneOS) by moving the CWM uImage to /media/internal. If I need it again, I can switch it for the LuneOS uImage.

    Otherwise installation was straightforward, create a LuneOS partition with the alpha version of Tailor, mount it correctly, download the uImage into /boot and untar into the partition.

    I did find though that LuneOS was a bit unstable, I brought down the latest stable release as per the wiki instructions. The PreWare didn't seem particularly stable either, it wouldn't display properly in landscape and occasionally caused a black screen crash. Changing wallpaper from the blue insect never seemed to persist. Still fun to play with a new OS though.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwiggum View Post
    I didn't see an option in TPToolbox to resize /boot.

    However, I was able to setup a triple boot (Evervolv / WebOS / LuneOS) by moving the CWM uImage to /media/internal. If I need it again, I can switch it for the LuneOS uImage.

    Otherwise installation was straightforward, create a LuneOS partition with the alpha version of Tailor, mount it correctly, download the uImage into /boot and untar into the partition.

    I did find though that LuneOS was a bit unstable, I brought down the latest stable release as per the wiki instructions. The PreWare didn't seem particularly stable either, it wouldn't display properly in landscape and occasionally caused a black screen crash. Changing wallpaper from the blue insect never seemed to persist. Still fun to play with a new OS though.
    So I'm at the same point as you. Can you pull the working uImage.Evervolv and send it to me, please? It would save me some trouble.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  20. #80  
    Ok in an attempt to get this working I had to compare a stock touchpad's /boot to mine which has had lots of different multiboot options on it in the two years I've had it.

    After comparing I discover there wasn't much different save for the moboot stuff BUT since I couldn't get Evervolv to boot with the uImage error I was getting I knew it was a space issue and something had to go. I rolled the dice and deleted:
    android.default.recovery
    moboot.splash.Evervolv.tga
    uImage.Evervolv

    I wasn't convinvce the Evervolv files had properly installed since /boot was full so I removed them and booted TWRP to reflash it. It booted.

    Out of curiosity, Grabber and I tried symlinking but discovered that that won't work likely because nothing other than /boot is mounted at startup until you make a selection from moboot. So that failed as well. For now I have Android, TWRP, and webOS but no room in the inn for LuneOS at the moment.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 08/23/2016 at 04:02 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Triple boot
    By Q-Ball in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09/08/2014, 05:34 AM
  2. Can't boot Webos...
    By Scott Upton in forum Android on webOS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09/01/2013, 08:25 PM
  3. Dual boot webOS and webOS CE?
    By Daughain in forum Open webOS General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07/06/2012, 08:26 PM
  4. CM9 - can't boot into webOS
    By Ranoulph in forum Android on webOS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03/31/2012, 08:33 PM
  5. Triple billed - triple shipped!
    By reganc in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11/23/1999, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions