Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Okay, I made it all the way to installing the image.
    Everything has been giving me the correct readings to this point.
    Here in Terminal is my last entrys:

root@HPTouchPad:/# mount -o remount,rw /
    root@HPTouchPad:/# mount /dev/store/luneos-root /media/luneos-root
    root@HPTouchPad:/# cd /media/internal
    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal# tar xzf webos-ports-dev-image-tenderloin.tar.gz -C /media/luneos-root

I get this error:

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
    tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal# data_xfer: Error reading from signal pipe: 35
    data_xfer: Error reading from signal pipe: 35
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Okay, I made it all the way to installing the image.
    Everything has been giving me the correct readings to this point.
    Here in Terminal is my last entrys:

root@HPTouchPad:/# mount -o remount,rw /
    root@HPTouchPad:/# mount /dev/store/luneos-root /media/luneos-root
    root@HPTouchPad:/# cd /media/internal
    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal# tar xzf webos-ports-dev-image-tenderloin.tar.gz -C /media/luneos-root

I get this error:

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
    tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
    root@HPTouchPad:/media/internal# data_xfer: Error reading from signal pipe: 35
    data_xfer: Error reading from signal pipe: 35
    Solved....
    I downloaded the latest build (breve) and then did the above terminal entries again, and this time it worked.
    All good now.
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    Everything is up and running now.
    Does the LuneOS partition not show up in Tailor?
    Just call me Berd.
    Everything is up and running now.
    Does the LuneOS partition not show up in Tailor?
    You need to have Tailor 0.3.1 since luneos-root support was added there ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You need to have Tailor 0.3.1 since luneos-root support was added there ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    That did it.
    LuneOS shows up in Tailor now.
    Thanks.
    Just call me Berd.
    Who has been working on Taylor? It used to have a signal showing how far along it is in terms of percent done but I don't see it now. That would be really useful. I took deep a lot of deep breaths.

edit; Maybe at bottom in status line and I did not see?
    Last edited by bluenote; 01/12/2015 at 12:39 AM.
  7.    #47  
    I recently installed cm12 alongside my webOS CE version and was thinking of finally doing this, but tailor wants me to repair my android system or some type of prompt (not by my tablet to confirm the error) when I tried to proceed, and I don't want it to ruin my android setup. Is that a normal prompt? If I don't repair it I can't get any further to make a partition. I made my webOS partition really small to allow android most of the space. So my new partition would come from android...will that work?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryancell View Post
    I recently installed cm12 alongside my webOS CE version and was thinking of finally doing this, but tailor wants me to repair my android system or some type of prompt (not by my tablet to confirm the error) when I tried to proceed, and I don't want it to ruin my android setup. Is that a normal prompt? If I don't repair it I can't get any further to make a partition. I made my webOS partition really small to allow android most of the space. So my new partition would come from android...will that work?
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if it's what I'm thinking about (some error message that asks to have Tailor repair the error), I have gone through with the repairing a few times without any adverse effects, but I would be careful anyways. Also taking the partition from Android should work, I have done it before from both CM11 and CM12, although again, just be careful with it.
    I'm also not exactly sure which prompt you talk about... but: In order to resize a partition, tailor *has* to run a filesystem check on it before doing anything. This is a hard requirement by the Linux tools in the background and it makes perfect sense. Because you want your filesystem be in shape before you resize it, which is a quite stressful operation.

So if by "repair" you mean "run a filesystem check", then you have to run that anyway or won't be able to proceed. The filesystem check won't break your Android partitions. But the resize might (even if unlikely). So having a backup is advised anyways.
  10.    #50  
    I ran the file check after unmounting tweaks and then it gives me an error:
    Filesystem Check Failed: This is a potentially destructive situation for you data. You must either attempt to repair your filesystem or reboot and hope that webOS repairs it for you.

Then there is a red button that says: Repair Filesystem.

Thats the part I was worried about. I don't want it to change the structure somehow of the system file via a repair and make android unbootable with my current setup I have.

Out of curiosity, how big is LuneOS after you have it all installed and some apps/etc installed? I have about 10-11gb free on android and guessing LuneosOS is 1-2gb?

#istillhateleo
    Last edited by ryancell; 02/25/2015 at 09:58 AM.
    Did you check if you can repair the filesystem from android? Maybe there are tools for that there.

In the beginning emulator had 1GB. That was quite sufficient, but not for system updates... now it has ~3GB which certainly is sufficient right now.
  12.    #52  
    No I did not. I tried this on a friends touchpad too and got the same error. Not sure of the cause. For now I'm just not going to try it because I don't want to have to reinstall my android apps in case it does corrupt something.
    I'd recomend to look into TP Toolbox to resize the android filesystems:
    [TOOLS] Touchpad Toolbox | HP TouchPad | XDA Forums

Maybe they use a filesystem that is not recognized by webOS.
  14.    #54  
    I'm familiar with tptoolbox. I was just trying to use tailor. Guess I could do the same setup via tptoolbox and free up 3gb for LuneOS. I just have to take the time to read through it all before I attempt installing it. I want a successful triple boot obviously.
    I'd use TPToolbox to shrink the Android partition and then use tailor to create a new partition in the empty space.
  16.    #56  
    Edited: Up and running triple boot webOS, CM12 & LuneOS now for the sake of "it can be done". I look forward to seeing how LuneOS progresses...surely not my daily driver probably, but happy to have it as an option to tinker with now too.
    Last edited by ryancell; 02/26/2015 at 12:37 PM.
    You can also triple boot with android Lollipop, but you need to copy either uImage.android or uImage.luneOS due to them both not fitting in the boot volume.

I boot using webOS to copy whichever other OS i want to boot from next, store copies of all uImages in my sdram volume (media/internal)
    Is there a guide to install this?
    So I have created a LuneOS partition on my Touchpad and I want to install LuneOS Cafe au Lait. But there are several image files on the site - which do I install??? I can't seem to find clear directions on this. Would appreciate guidance.
    Thx,
    Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I'd use TPToolbox to shrink the Android partition and then use tailor to create a new partition in the empty space.
    That's what I did.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast