Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seeing that LuneOS is still in alpha stage, it's very likely that you can run into bugs. We ask all users to report bugs that they run into, where possible including screenshots and logfiles so the devs can look into it.

There are various ways to troubleshoot:

Logfiles
    There are various logfiles you can inspect to see if there's any clue to what might be the problem. The most common ones are:

1. This was also present on legacy: /var/log/messages
    2. You can use journalctl to export the logfile to a file means of "journalctl > /media/internal/journalctl.txt"

You can pull the files to your PC using the ADB toolkit on your PC.

You can run below 2 commands to get the logfiles for 1 and 2 above:
    adb pull /media/internal/journalctl.txt
    adb pull /var/log/messages

Debugging webapps (Enyo 1/2)

Instructions for this are at:
    Luna Next Remote WebApplication Debugging - WebOS-Ports

When you're testing on an actual device you can go into the device with ADB SHELL and run the following command:

webapp-launcher -a <path to your app>/appinfo.json --debug

Reporting bugs:
    Bugs can be reported via Ports - Overview - webOS Ports

Please make sure that there isn't already a bug for the same. Try to give a clear and accurate description of the problem and include screenshots/logfiles where possible.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Thanks Herrie, that was very helpful. I had seen the 2nd part in the wiki, but that was before I tracked down adb shell so I could actually copy IPKs to the device. For some reason, I could not find the logging for my app in any of the log files, but launching it in debug mode did capture the logging I had put in it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Thanks Herrie, that was very helpful. I had seen the 2nd part in the wiki, but that was before I tracked down adb shell so I could actually copy IPKs to the device. For some reason, I could not find the logging for my app in any of the log files, but launching it in debug mode did capture the logging I had put in it.
    It would be good to have something like LumberJack on LuneOS for all this. An Enyo dev said he'll work on updating a draft he created a while ago
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    That would be great. Do you know if the logging I saw actually goes anywhere when not launching that way?
    Well, I guess it's good that LuneOS doesn't have that much logging as webOS does in a way.
    Not sure the Lumberjack will work in the current state of the OS unless there's a switch to run all the apps in debug mode and forward the output that we see in the console to a file.
    Well, I tried to create new issue in the ChilliProject page meniton by Herrie in the first post but got : 403 You are not authorized to access this page. So I Guess I need to go some approval process before I can post there.
    Anyway I tried to resolve the issue that I'm seeing with Apollo using Mojo.Depot wrapper for html5 data storage.
    Getting DOM security Exception 18.

These are the interesting pieces in the logs that I can find. Can supply full logs if they're of more interest but rather do that in the chilliproject so the're easy to find for everybody that work on LuneOS.
    adb console when runnin in debug :

Code:
    file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$73$: $CONSOLEAPI$ $LOG$: $PANDORA$&$gt$; $DB$ $Error$
    $file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$enyo$/$1$.$0$/$framework$/$build$/$enyo$-$build$.$js$:$73$: $CONSOLEAPI$ $LOG$: $PANDORA$&$gt$; $Transaction$ $Error$: $SecurityError$: $DOM$ $Exception$ $18$
    $DEBUG$: $18$:$49$:$11$.$856$: $void$ $luna$::$PalmSystemExtension$::$stageReady$()
    /var/log/messages:
    Code:
    2014-09-08T01:37:00.124323Z [50] user.warning mojodb-luna [] DB8 DB_KIND_WARNING {"caller":"com.palm.systemui","kind":"com.palm.signaling:1"} db: permission denied for caller 'caller' on kind 'kind'
    2014-09-08T01:37:00.124567Z [50] user.warning mojodb-luna [] DB8 MOJ_SERVICE_WARNING {"sender":"com.palm.systemui 1557","method":"find","payload":{"query":{"from":"com.palm.signaling:1"},"watch":true},"error":"db: permission denied","reqErr":-3963} 
    2014-09-08T01:37:00.127650Z [50] user.warning mojodb-luna [] DB8 DB_KIND_WARNING {"caller":"com.palm.systemui","kind":"com.palm.signaling:1"} db: permission denied for caller 'caller' on kind 'kind'
    2014-09-08T01:37:00.127863Z [50] user.warning mojodb-luna [] DB8 MOJ_SERVICE_WARNING {"sender":"com.palm.systemui 1557","method":"find","payload":{"query":{"from":"com.palm.signaling:1"},"watch":true},"error":"db: permission denied","reqErr":-3963} 
    2014-09-08T01:38:32.856470Z [142] user.warning mojodb-luna [] DB8 DB_KIND_WARNING {"caller":"com.palm.launcher","kind":"com.palm.signaling:1"} db: permission denied for caller 'caller' on kind 'kind'
    2014-09-08T01:38:32.856684Z [142] user.warning mojodb-luna [] DB8 MOJ_SERVICE_WARNING {"sender":"com.palm.launcher 1556","method":"find","payload":{"query":{"from":"com.palm.signaling:1"},"watch":true},"error":"db: permission denied","reqErr":-3963} 
    2014-09-08T01:38:34.201899Z [144] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/db/kinds","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/db/kinds, under 
    2014-09-08T01:38:34.202174Z [144] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/mediadb/kinds","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/mediadb/kinds, under 
    2014-09-08T01:38:34.202296Z [144] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/tempdb/kinds","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/tempdb/kinds, under 
    2014-09-08T01:38:34.202418Z [144] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/db/permissions","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/db/permissions, under 
    2014-09-08T01:38:34.202570Z [144] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/mediadb/permissions","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/mediadb/permissions, under 
    2014-09-08T01:38:34.202692Z [144] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/tempdb/permissions","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/tempdb/permissions, under 
    2014-09-08T01:38:34.202845Z [144] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/filecache_types","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/filecache_types, under 
    2014-09-08T01:38:34.202967Z [144] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/activities","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/activities, under 
    2014-09-08T01:38:35.253535Z [145] user.warning mojodb-luna [] DB8 MOJ_SERVICE_WARNING {"sender":"com.palm.eventreporter.LunaAppManager","method":"put","payload":{"objects":[{"_kind":"com.palm.contextupload:1","appid":"com.jmtk.apollo","event":"uninstall"}]},"error":"kind not registered: 'com.palm.contextupload:1'","reqErr":-3970} 
    2014-09-08T01:41:49.124201Z [339] user.warning mojodb-luna [] DB8 MOJ_SERVICE_WARNING {"sender":"com.palm.eventreporter.LunaAppManager","method":"put","payload":{"objects":[{"_kind":"com.palm.contextupload:1","appid":"com.jmtk.apollo","event":"install"}]},"error":"kind not registered: 'com.palm.contextupload:1'","reqErr":-3970} 
    2014-09-08T01:41:49.197626Z [339] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/db/kinds","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/db/kinds, under 
    2014-09-08T01:41:49.198389Z [339] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/mediadb/kinds","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/mediadb/kinds, under 
    2014-09-08T01:41:49.199061Z [339] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/tempdb/kinds","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/tempdb/kinds, under 
    2014-09-08T01:41:49.199824Z [339] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/db/permissions","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/db/permissions, under 
    2014-09-08T01:41:49.200495Z [339] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/mediadb/permissions","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/mediadb/permissions, under 
    2014-09-08T01:41:49.201136Z [339] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/tempdb/permissions","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/tempdb/permissions, under 
    2014-09-08T01:41:49.202845Z [339] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/filecache_types","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/filecache_types, under 
    2014-09-08T01:41:49.203425Z [339] user.warning configurator [] Configurator CONFIGURATOR_WARNING {"directory":"/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/activities","parent":""} Failed to open directory: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jmtk.apollo/configuration/activities, under 
    2014-09-08T01:44:34.838679Z [504] user.warning activitymanager [] ActivityManager RM_REQ_NOT_FOUND {"Activity":52,"Requirement":"internet"} not found while trying to remove by name
    2014-09-08T01:44:34.883021Z [504] user.warning activitymanager [] ActivityManager REL_ACTIVITY_NOTFOUND {"Activity":307} Not found in Activity table while attempting to release
    I did some googling on the journalctl command, and found that you can monitor a log sort of in real time. There seems to be some buffering, so the messages don't always show up right away. After playing with the options, I settled on this:

Code:
    journalctl -f -l -u LunaAppManager
    Sort of like tail, the -f watches the log. The -l option keeps things from getting truncated, and the last option cuts out a lot of system logging and only shows messages from apps. If you leave that off, there is a lot of other logging that will scroll by.

I had to go searching for my most functional Enyo app I had been working on, and unfortunately, the web service it depends on is temporarily down, so I can't do a whole lot with it other than confirm it works so far, and the messages are getting logged. My other app does a geocode using Google's geocoding API, and that also works quite well. I seem to recall seeing a message on one of my apps about something not being implemented yet, but I can't remember offhand what it was. I need to find it again and report it, as missing system calls are one of the things the ports team wants to know about.
    After getting the webservices started back up, nearly everything in the app works, albeit a bit slower than it does in Chrome on my laptop. The one thing that doesn't work is a webview I use to display the target of a link. It works fine in Chrome but not on LuneOS. Note, it's Enyo 1. I can't remember if I ever installed this app on my Touchpad or not, but I'd guess I probably did. I'll have to grab my other Touchpad and see if it's on there.

Edit: it wasn't,but it only took a minute to install it since my laptop already had the command prompt open in that folder. I can confirm the webview does work under webOS 3.0.5.. I will have to re-read some stuff on here and on the wiki, because I can't remember if the Enyo 1 webview was mentioned anywhere specifically as working or not working. I believe some of the kinds I'm using were removed in Enyo 2, which is why I hadn't worked on updating it yet.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/08/2014 at 02:04 PM.
    I would suspect that the Enyo 1 WebView is trying to use facilities of 3.0.5 that aren't present in LuneOS. Might be worth creating your own extension of WebView (or throwing a mod into Enyo 1 in Lune) that somehow figures out it's in Lune and not old webOS and uses the iframe path .. assuming that works in Lune.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I'm not sure my Enyo mojo is strong enough to do that. I inspected the app in Chrome and it was using an iframe there, so I assumed it would in the LuneOS broser too. I suppose that's a pretty big assumption... I think I may be able to figure out the remote inspector now that I found the adb shell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Debugging webapps (Enyo 1/2)

Instructions for this are at:
    Luna Next Remote WebApplication Debugging - WebOS-Ports

When you're testing on an actual device you can go into the device with ADB SHELL and run the following command:

webapp-launcher -a <path to your app>/appinfo.json --debug

I just wanted to say, this works great! The instructions on the wiki page (Luna Next Remote WebApplication Debugging - WebOS-Ports) worked perfectly for debugging the running app on the Touchpad. I'm not sure I quite understand the part for the emulator. I do think a download link for the ADB shell needs to be added to the wiki. This is the windows version that I downloaded - is it the "official" one? http://adbshell.com/download/downloa...r-windows.html (I know adb is also part of the Android SDK, but don't recall seeing anything about that being a prerequisite)

Oh, and using this, I confirmed that the LuneOS browser is not using the iframe path. It is an object tag. I tried to copy the html, but it blocked clipboard access - I think because I started this Chrome window with the command line options to allow local Enyo apps to work.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/08/2014 at 09:24 PM.
    Out of curiosity today I uploaded this app to my website, along with the Enyo framework, and tried it in the (current) LuneOS broswer. Guess what - the webview works in the browser. It also works in the browsers on my Pre2, Pre3 and iPhone 5.. So clearly it can be made to work. It (the webview) does not work, as expected, installed on my Pre3. It wouldn't install on the iphone.
    Yes, webview does not work on LuneOS (as it also does not work on webOS 2.x devices ). Not sure why or how... never really understood what it does... interesting though that it works in the browser. That's strange.

Maybe it is using the iframe way in browser by itself, because it detects that it is not running on webOS hardware (i.e. PalmSystem is not there and stuff)...

I thought we try to replace the webview with iFrame.. but maybe that was just in the accounts app. Hm. Maybe we'll have to pimp the device installed enyo 1.0 version to include what eblade suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Reporting bugs:
    Bugs can be reported via Ports - Overview - webOS Ports
    Hello,

I have created an account at webOS Ports and validated it with link in email. I try with this account to reports bugs but I can not report bugs because all the time I have the error "403-You are not authorized to access this page." when I try "New issue" or New Document".
    Who I need to contact to fix this problem ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Out of curiosity today I uploaded this app to my website, along with the Enyo framework, and tried it in the (current) LuneOS broswer. Guess what - the webview works in the browser. It also works in the browsers on my Pre2, Pre3 and iPhone 5.. So clearly it can be made to work. It (the webview) does not work, as expected, installed on my Pre3. It wouldn't install on the iphone.
    I just discovered the other day that the webview is separate from the rest of widgets in mojo2 and later.

You have to load the webview library and extend the widget reference. i.e:

Code:
    var libraries = MojoLoader.require(
    		{ name: "foundations", version: "1.0" },
    		{name: "webview", version: "1.0"}
    	);
    	Mojo.Widget.WebView = libraries.webview.Widget;
    You probably already know this, but I never did so I thought I'd post it. I never saw a post on it in my google searches -- it's probably in the now dead Palm dev forums.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick56 View Post
    Hello,

I have created an account at webOS Ports and validated it with link in email. I try with this account to reports bugs but I can not report bugs because all the time I have the error "403-You are not authorized to access this page." when I try "New issue" or New Document".
    Who I need to contact to fix this problem ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.
    Made you "human", should be OK now
    Hi, I have to debug the web app on emulator. I have no other device. For me works the similar:

Code:
    journalctl -f -l -u LunaWebAppManager | grep CONSOLEAPI
    It shows me the console output. But sometimes looks like not refreshed. Is there any better way?
    Last edited by 72ka; 01/14/2015 at 07:05 AM.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Did you try this: Luna Next Remote WebApplication Debugging - WebOS-Ports

Should be the best way for web app development. For emulator you don't need to do anything, just fire up a browser and connect to localhost:1122 it should give a list of apps and when you click on one console output and DOM and stuff. Very usefull.

For jsjsjs-$services$ $the$ $best$ $way$ $I$ $found$ $to$ $get$ $logs$ $is$ $to$ $run$ $them$ $with$ $run$-$js$-$service$ $myself$. $They$ $behave$ $a$ $bit$ $different$ $sometimes$ $then$, $because$ $environment$ $variables$ $are$ $set$ ($if$ $they$ $read$ $them$, $for$ $example$ $that$ $way$ $one$ $can$ $use$ $proxy$ $in$ $c$+$dav$ $connector$ ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Did you try this: Luna Next Remote WebApplication Debugging - WebOS-Ports

Should be the best way for web app development. For emulator you don't need to do anything, just fire up a browser and connect to localhost:1122 it should give a list of apps and when you click on one console output and DOM and stuff. Very usefull.

For jsjsjs-$services$ $the$ $best$ $way$ $I$ $found$ $to$ $get$ $logs$ $is$ $to$ $run$ $them$ $with$ $run$-$js$-$service$ $myself$. $They$ $behave$ $a$ $bit$ $different$ $sometimes$ $then$, $because$ $environment$ $variables$ $are$ $set$ ($if$ $they$ $read$ $them$, $for$ $example$ $that$ $way$ $one$ $can$ $use$ $proxy$ $in$ $c$+$dav$ $connector$ ).
    Thank you, you saved me! I didnīt know that it contains the same debug console like on desktop.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Some helpful information that I keep forgetting because it isn't documented in any place I can find: to capture screen shot, perform a forward swipe gesture on the gesture area at the bottom of the screen. Herrie, can you add that to the first post, and (Herrie or someone else) on the webOS Ports Wiki page(s)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast