Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ryancell
  • 1 Post By boovish
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    I never see anything about CDMA. Perhaps one day luneos can be like cyanogen is for Android once or grows and can install on many carriers and devices. Being on sprint I'm limited to CDMA only.

Nice work guys I hope to try it one day but I don't want to risk my current touchpad with Android setup since it runs perfect. Wish I had a spare touchpad.
    boovish likes this.
    As long as the hardware is supported by oFono it will work.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    It seems that they are working on CDMA. I hope they do it quickly, I would love to use LuneOS as a daily driver
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    purplepansy likes this.
    Before we get too worried about that, it has a ways to go before it is stable enough for a daily driver. I'm very excited too, and hope I can contribute, but it is not ready yet.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/07/2014 at 11:18 PM.
    boovish likes this.
    CDMA or not is not the main issue at the moment... there is no ready support for telephony (uhm.. there is a phone app, but it seems to be more of a stub, still.) and mobile data isn't working either... so... play it easy.

As Herrie said: ofono supports some CDMA devices and they should start working, too, once we get those mobile stuff sorted in general.

A bit of an issue is that most of the developers currently are Europe based which is pure GSM land... so maybe some US devs might want to step up in the future?
  6.    #6  
    I know things are still coming together, it just seems gsm is an easier focus for them. Surely not easy to do in any sense, but didn't know if cdma was on the radar to be supported or if GSM is the goal in the long run.