Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just to keep track of known bugs and solutions:

Generic:
    -Luna Next restarts (when running out of memory?). No fix yet.
    -Browser causes issues with touch input bottom half of screen after virtual keyboard has been closed. Will be addressed by a pure QML based browser in the next release. Initial version (extremely basic) available in nightly builds.
    -Device restart/shutdown takes extremely long (5-10 mins). Dirty fix in nightly build.

Touchpad:
    -Wifi doesn't work on first boot. Reboot, should work on 2nd boot. Cause is being investigated.
    -PC doesn't recognize TP when using ADB. Download ADB drivers from www.adbdriver.com

Nexus 4:
    -Not really a bug, but due to firmware requirements, we currently require Android 4.2.2 to be on device before you install LuneOS. Otherwise things like Settings app won't work properly (cannot start or connect to WiFi network)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 09/04/2014 at 02:20 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Herrie: Just installed on my GNex via CWM (d/l zip OTA to my phone).

- While it found my home network; would not connect to WiFi
    - Was glad to see that the "power off" menu came up (which was something that the WIP builds did not do); however, when I chose 'device restart'; it just shut down.

When I am done with work today; will re-install and see what's really what. Going to start a GNex thread in the LuneOS forum here.

- T
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  3.    #3  
    Herrie: Just installed on my GNex via CWM (d/l zip OTA to my phone).

- While it found my home network; would not connect to WiFi
    - Was glad to see that the "power off" menu came up (which was something that the WIP builds did not do); however, when I chose 'device restart'; it just shut down.

When I am done with work today; will re-install and see what's really what. Going to start a GNex thread in the LuneOS forum here.

- T

Wifi is buggy sometimes requires a few tries. Shutdown/restart works but is extremely slow. It's sorted in recent nightly builds but those don't boot on the Nexus :'(

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Here is my logfile. Thanks for the instructions in the other thread.
    Hope that helps.
    Also to add to the bugs no matter if I did something with the device or just booted and hold the power button if I try to do anything on the advanced power menu like shut down or restart it just freezes and does nothing.
    Also end up doing hard reset.

P.S. If there better ways/place to send the logs let everybody know.

Too late to the party with the restart shutdown menu
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thinking about when LuneOS crashed - it did when I had at least 1+ apps that are just web view I guess. Downloaded all I can get from preware and all the apps there are web applications.
    I am so excited about this! Thank you to everyone that has been contributing time to the project!

On the Touchpad:

-The Konami code tries to bring up an icon for "Developer Mode" but it looks like the image is missing. Tapping on the broken image icon either does nothing, or makes Luna Next crash... not sure which.

-Checking for updates results in "Could not check for updates: Status code falsy: 404".

-I might be crazy, but I could swear that tapping the "+=[]" key to switch to symbol mode actually typed out "+=[]". That doesn't make sense at all to me, but those characters ended up in my text string and I'm 90% sure I didn't type them.

-Tapping rapidly in one spot appears to register extra taps elsewhere on the screen. For example, if I hit backspace a bunch of times in a row very quickly I will see the tap ripple appear on the top and left of the screen a few times.

-When I created an email account, a "syncing,,," notification was created. However, the created an active card containing the LuneOS logo and the title "Status Bar"(I think). This stayed on the screen until syncing was complete, at which point the card went away. Also, The "syncing" notification was not replaced with the "syncing complete" notification, they were both just sitting there. I know that isn't necessarily a bug, but it seems to me that the original syncing notification should be updated rather than having a second notification issued.

-Email app can get a list of emails from my gmail account, but can not get the email text.

-The virtual gesture area/home button is nice, but it would be better if the actually hardware button was still functional.

-Some times it is really hard to swipe-up-to-close and app. Sometimes its just a flick, other times I have to drag the card (kicking and screaming) all the way to the edge.

-When I am "Just Typing" a long string (like the Konami code) and I notice a typo at the beginning, there is no way to move the cursor without deleting everything. That is to say, you can't tap to move the cursor on the Just Type line.
    Last edited by zane9000; 09/04/2014 at 02:46 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    I am so excited about this! Thank you to everyone that has been contributing time to the project!

On the Touchpad:

-The Konami code tries to bring up an icon for "Developer Mode" but it looks like the image is missing. Tapping on the broken image icon either does nothing, or makes Luna Next crash... not sure which.
    This has been fixed in recent nightly builds. We needed to have the icon recreated in a higher resolution and some back end stuff sorted as well, this should now work better (I haven't tested this myself yet to be honest!)
    -Checking for updates results in "Could not check for updates: Status code falsy: 404".
    We re-arranged some things on the server side for the move from webOS Ports Open webOS -> LuneOS. It could be that this is the cause. There are also some other updates being made to the update application so I'm sure this will be addressed
    -I might be crazy, but I could swear that tapping the "+=[]" key to switch to symbol mode actually typed out "+=[]". That doesn't make sense at all to me, but those characters ended up in my text string and I'm 90% sure I didn't type them.
    I haven't seen this myself, but will check
    -Tapping rapidly in one spot appears to register extra taps elsewhere on the screen. For example, if I hit backspace a bunch of times in a row very quickly I will see the tap ripple appear on the top and left of the screen a few times.
    Will check this as well

-When I created an email account, a "syncing,,," notification was created. However, the created an active card containing the LuneOS logo and the title "Status Bar"(I think). This stayed on the screen until syncing was complete, at which point the card went away. Also, The "syncing" notification was not replaced with the "syncing complete" notification, they were both just sitting there. I know that isn't necessarily a bug, but it seems to me that the original syncing notification should be updated rather than having a second notification issued.
    The notifications were added just before the release was made and are still undergoing some fine tuningThe same happens with the battery % notification, so far they don't get overwritten yet.

-Email app can get a list of emails from my gmail account, but can not get the email text.
    Would need to check that

-The virtual gesture area/home button is nice, but it would be better if the actually hardware button was still functional.
    Support for home and volume button (was a bit buggy when you went beyond min and max volume, but might be sorted now as well, didn't try latest image yet), has been added to the nightly builds as well

-Some times it is really hard to swipe-up-to-close and app. Sometimes its just a flick, other times I have to drag the card (kicking and screaming) all the way to the edge.
    This was a known bug, mainly caused by the virtual keyboard in the browser, new nightly builds have the initial version of the QML based browser which shouldn't have this bug anymore

-When I am "Just Typing" a long string (like the Konami code) and I notice a typo at the beginning, there is no way to move the cursor without deleting everything. That is to say, you can't tap to move the cursor on the Just Type line.
    The keyboard still needs some TLC, this has been one of my frustrations as well
    See my answers above
    The update issue will be fixed in next update... hehe.. and I'm pretty optimistic that we'll find a way to allow an update to that version through our update service. :-)
    Preemptive likes this.
    Contact app have the phone numbers reversed between each dash.
    If the number is something like 123-456-789 the app will display them as 987-654-321.
    Just type searches shows them correct.
    Another thing - I've noticed that the pictures for the contacts(at least Cal-Dav) are in /media/internal/.caldav_photos but not showing anywhere on the just type or the Contact app.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    If the number is something like 123-456-789 the app will display them as 987-654-321.
    Another thing - I've noticed that the pictures for the contacts(at least Cal-Dav) are in /media/internal/.caldav_photos but not showing anywhere on the just type or the Contact app.
    I didn't touch the contacts app, but I think so far it's merely a mock up and not a fully working version. I'm sure Garfonso will chip in, since he wrote it and also Cal-Dav
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    The update issue will be fixed in next update... hehe.. and I'm pretty optimistic that we'll find a way to allow an update to that version through our update service. :-)
    I took my eye off Webos Nation for just a week and you guys go behind my back and release something awesome!!!! I DEMAND A EXPLANATION! lol
    Fixed. Thanks.
    I think we'll notice a lot more of those... probably have to dive deeper into the legacy webOS libraries. Especially regional differences in displaying all those contact stuff will cause major headaches, I'm sure. :-/

All in all the contact app was written in like one week or so and demands a lot more love. Need to find more time for it.

I noticed that, too, but could not find out why the heck they are not displayed. The location is choosen, because the cdav connector should also work on legacy and there the service is running in a jail, i.e. has restricted directory access. On legacy the images are displayed correctly for cdav contacts. Not sure what is the issue on LuneOS.
    My investigation was not very successful, till now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Fixed. Thanks.
    I think we'll notice a lot more of those... probably have to dive deeper into the legacy webOS libraries. Especially regional differences in displaying all those contact stuff will cause major headaches, I'm sure. :-/

All in all the contact app was written in like one week or so and demands a lot more love. Need to find more time for it.

I noticed that, too, but could not find out why the heck they are not displayed. The location is choosen, because the cdav connector should also work on legacy and there the service is running in a jail, i.e. has restricted directory access. On legacy the images are displayed correctly for cdav contacts. Not sure what is the issue on LuneOS.
    My investigation was not very successful, till now.
    Well, the localization stuff will explain it. I see that in the date on the top where I told it to display date and time. Just can't find that in the settings app and I know I changed it to show date and time.
    Anyway it shows as 05-Sep-2014 and it should be Sep-05-2014
    Probably that is in tweaks?
    Top bar is not my play field, though.
  15.    #15  
    Well, the localization stuff will explain it. I see that in the date on the top where I told it to display date and time. Just can't find that in the settings app and I know I changed it to show date and time.
    Anyway it shows as 05-Sep-2014 and it should be Sep-05-2014
    We currently don't have any localisation stuff implemented yet. That's something I might work on after the browser. I've currently put it in the most acceptable international format. Previously it was dd.mm.yyyy which is a German layout, I made it dd-mmm-yyyy for now. I know you US guys would prefer mm/dd/yyyy and we'll get there eventually. I could do a dirty Tweak option for now but would prefer a more proper internationalization approach which takes more effort to do. At least with current format there's no confusion about what is day and what is month unlike with mm/dd/yyyy and dd/mm/yyyy ;-)

davodego likes this.
    Well, I'm fine with European format - original from there and don't get me started on formats - that's why I have convert app on my phone.
    I was trying to add some feeds to preware2 but I guess this part is not working yet.
    But plugging url did
    This is awesome. I wish I could help out - maybe some day I will have some time and can get involved - though I don't know QML and my C++ is very rusty. Here are some things I have seen in my first trip around the LuneOS block:

On my Touchpad, the bundled Youtube app won't play videos, but I can play them in the browser.

PDF viewer doesn't work for me either. Tapping the file it seems to try to open, but nothing ever appears. The last time, I ended up back in the file list.

Am I supposed to be able to copy files to the USB drive? Seems read only. I was going to copy a music file (though I guess since there is no music player, there isn't much point )
    If I try to reboot LuneOS the device freezes in the moment I hit the reboot button.

Solution is hard reset, holding Power+Home Button till device turns off.

LuneOS on HP Tochpad WiFi only device, dual boot with WebOS 3.0.5

Daniel from Germany

Great work WebOS Internals, I'm so happy about a future for WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by davodego View Post
    If I try to reboot LuneOS the device freezes in the moment I hit the reboot button.

Solution is hard reset, holding Power+Home Button till device turns off.

LuneOS on HP Tochpad WiFi only device, dual boot with WebOS 3.0.5

Daniel from Germany

Great work WebOS Internals, I'm so happy about a future for WebOS
    It actually works but it take close to 5 min or so, but at least the boot up is faster
  20.    #20  
    It actually works but it take close to 5 min or so, but at least the boot up is faster
    This is sorted with the latest nightlies :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast