Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gabrix97
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I recently bought the 4K TV LG UJ6300, 49 inch. The only problem that I noticed was that playing on my PS4, when some dark scenes play, the screens adjusts its brightness, making it really annoying to play games with fast and changing scenes. I turned off dinamyc contrast and color. I read on some forums that the problem is called "global dimming" and that you can turn it off by accessing a secret menu.
    How can I access it in Web Os 3.5 ? Or, is there another way to solve this issue ? Thank you
    This is a known quirk with LG sets and has been discussed on many forums. Here's one who seems to have found a solution by changing the input name used for the game console:

Anybody know how to turn off LG's Global Dimming? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

See this one also (in the same thread):
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post33239185

Let us know if this works for you also!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This is a known quirk with LG sets and has been discussed on many forums. Here's one who seems to have found a solution by changing the input name used for the game console:

Anybody know how to turn off LG's Global Dimming? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

See this one also (in the same thread):

Let us know if this works for you also!
    The first solution almost makes dimming unnoticiable, thank you so much !!!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    It's a strange work-around and sucks that LG makes it this difficult to turn off that function (no idea what 'genius' decided to make it a mandatory/unchangeable setting). Thanks for posting and letting us know it worked!
  5.    #5  
    FFS, global dimming is back, so I must ask again, is there a way to access the service menu in Web Os 3.5 ?
    Well that sucks. The only way that I know of to access the service menu is by using a Universal remote that has an EPG button that allows the TV to display a login box to enter a code. I'm not going to dig into that here because you can seriously $@#% - up a TV in that mode. If you want to dig into it, I'd suggest this Italian forum (use Chrome to translate automatically) - they get into that menu for channel settings. **Note: that link is 3 years old.

Not sure if what you are looking for is in that, but good luck.
    Preemptive likes this.
  7.    #7  
    I managed to access the service menu with an Android phone that had an IR blaster, and using the app AnyMote.
    I turned the dimming and the global dimming adjustments to "off" and dimming stills occurs. It really sucks but I guess there is nothing else to do.
    Thank you for your help