Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By collectordk
  1.    #1  
    As you may know, the UH6030 comes with this horrible piece of trash: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2765SA1223
    There seems to be a compatibility zoo for LG's magic remotes and what TV models they work with. Any solid, tested suggestions in terms of what magic remote to buy for my UH6030, if any?

Thanks.
    you do know, that Magic remote, are a combination of Infrared & radio signals?

1. You need to de-register your old Magic remote. (HOME + EXIT/BACK button down for 5 seconds)
    2. remove batteries from old remote
    3. Put batteries in new remote (mine is MR-AN700 as example for B6V) , make sure remote is in register mode, so deregister it too the same way.
    4. Now you are ready to register the new Magic remote.
    5. Turn off/on TV, press the OK button once (in the middle of your arrow ring circle)
    6 you should see the red light at top of remote continued to be red.
    7. Your tv should at some point say, new remote has been registered shortly.

thats it.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Sorry but this is not LG's fault. The TV you purchased is NOT capable of using the magic remotes. The remotes are listed here: LG Magic Remote: TV Remote for Smart TVs | LG USA if you click on the different versions for 2014, 2015 and 2016 model TV's yours is not listed.

If you just purchased the TV you may be able to exchange it for an upgraded model that can use the magic remote.

(It's kind of like buying a car without power windows then wanting to have them afterwards)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgquiet View Post
    Sorry but this is not LG's fault. The TV you purchased is NOT capable of using the magic remotes. The remotes are listed here: LG Magic Remote: TV Remote for Smart TVs | LG USA if you click on the different versions for 2014, 2015 and 2016 model TV's yours is not listed.

If you just purchased the TV you may be able to exchange it for an upgraded model that can use the magic remote.

(It's kind of like buying a car without power windows then wanting to have them afterwards)
    Meh, I'm fine with using the standard remote, pretty sure some generic remote with a better button layout would also work. I wouldn't really compare it with a car without power windows, it's a very nice TV.