Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sasha2
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have an LG 65UH6030 running the latest version of WebOS, the sound output mode is to internal speakers and optical out, to which a pair of fairly decent Plugable speakers is hooked up. When I play content from TV's internal apps, everything is fine. Same when I stream to the speakers via bluetooth from my phone, i.e. when the TV isn't the source.

Here is where problems start: I have a small media PC (windows 8.1, Intel graphics, also responsible for HDMI out) hooked up to the TV through HDMI. When media content originates from that PC (like, streaming movies over LAN), every few minutes the external speakers go silent for like half a second. Note that TV's internal speakers continue normally, so it seems that the optical signal to the speakers gets interrupted intermittently. Haven't tried anything besides changing the HDMI cable between PC and TV, or trying a different HDMI input of the TV, neither of which helped.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Here's a development: I had a tiny optical-to-analog converter box laying around, which I decided to put between the TV's optical out and the speakers' AUX input, i.e. I removed the speakers' optical decoder from the picture -- the problem disappears. Given that the speakers' own decoder is happy when the source is the TV itself and not an HDMI-connected device, it looks like some sort of compatibility problem... I wonder if this is a TV firmware bug of some sort.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Hello! You have problem like at this video https://cloud.mail.ru/public/AThk/w7nt4feJD - at 2, 29, 33 second?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tester42 View Post
    Hello! You have problem like at this video https://cloud.mail.ru/public/AThk/w7nt4feJD - at 2, 29, 33 second?
    I actually don't hear any sound problems. Aside from that really crappy movie badcomedian is talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha2 View Post
    I actually don't hear any sound problems. Aside from that really crappy movie badcomedian is talking about.
    You should donwload this video, because mail.ru player delete sound bugs in online.