1.    #1  
    Hello to all. I have 49lf590v with dvb-s2 and i want know if it is possible to install oscam or cccam in my tv. I have seen that in tv samsung if one can. Also I have seen in an Italian forum that is possible to install oscam in lg webos but not in which model since it is not even done.
    https://www.gbcnet.net/showthread.ph...forse-ci-siamo
    thanks
  2.    #2  
    OScam is a softcam, software to be used to decrypt digital television channels on a receiver, as an alternative for a conditional access module (CAM)

I dare to try on my tv but I do not know where to start.
    Any developer know how to install oscam?
    Hello nabilotas,

I didn't realize that there was an LG webOS TV with a DVB-S2 tuner! I would have assumed that they are DVB-T only. If you can send a link to model information, I would like to see it. I watch a fair amount of DVB content in the U.S. (mostly news feeds from reporters on site) but that's not a common transport mode here.

I think the conclusion from your Italian forum message thread is probably correct. In order to get the proper system access to make that work, I suspect you'll have to build a proper webOS application in developer mode and upload it to your TV. I don't know for certain that you can't make the necessary calls from any random Linux process in the default "prisoner"account, but it would not surprise me to find that you probably have to make some API calls in order to open things. While there is a reasonably well-documented DRM management API, it seems mostly focused on content that is being delivered over the network. I don't see any documentation on things like EMM message handling, for example.

I haven't seen a lot of developer documentation about building applications to manipulate regular TV of any kind, as opposed to building applications to allow the streaming of network media content either from local sources or the Internet, so it looks like it isn't their best documented use case.

Do you happen to know whether they built their DVB TV software around Enigma2?
    --
    -- AT&T Pre 3 on TMO, HP Touchpad 32G, AT&T Pre Plus (probably going on H2O), and a launch day Sprint Pre
    -- Nokia N810 WiMax Edition Internet Tablet, Nokia N800 Internet Tablet (Maemo)