Anyone else have an issue like this?

I purchased my 49UB8500 4K panel back in 2014, worked perfectly since then, upgraded file to the 5.0 builds (afro-Ashley?) worked great... until this week I applied the latest firmware upgrade, it upgraded fine, everything worked at first, until I turned it off... turned it back on and none of the HDMI ports worked. They all just went right to "NO SIGNAL" with the little ink blob animation changing colors.

Completely unplug the tv let it sit, turn off all the HDMI devices after about 2 minutes sitting powered down turn it back on and turn the devices back on boom picture... weird... then after a few minutes the HDMI labels in the input switcher start to turn gray even though there is a picture... instead of bright white like they are with an active input. Turn the tv off and back on and once again "NO SIGNAL" on any of the HDMI ports....

I thought my main board went bad, but then I thought wait I upgraded the firmware / webos went to roll it back to find out there is no easy way? wtf LG....

anyways ran across the LgDTVUpDater tool which using my local PC as a DNS / HTTP server tricked it into going back to webos / firmware 3.4 I think it is? and after restarting the tv all the HDMI ports work perfectly again...

Anyone else run into this issue? This just bugs me because its almost like they purposely set it up to brick the HDMI ports in the latest upgrade... only HDMI was affected, the component / composite and antenna in worked fine