Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  1.    #1  
    Very obviously faster processing. I have never seen the three dots spin so fast!

No Magic Remote at all? (Just not compatible with one as far as I can see.) Colour me surprised.

All my Time Machine recordings seem to be tied to my older device. Hmmm. I wasn't expecting that.

Still, it's interesting to see the latest webOS.
    Is Time Machine only on certain models?
  3.    #3  
    Looks like it. But only in that the name "Time Machine" doesn't appear anywhere now.

I just organised for my phone to act like a Magic Remote and that enabled me to turn on the Live Playback function. (I expect that was possible with the conventional remote. But swinging a cursor around the screen using my phone like a trackpad made it much more intuitive.) So it is now recording whatever I watch on the off-chance that I want to pause, rewind, etc. There is a Recordings app now. That's where I can see my old recordings and get told that I can only play them back on the TV that recorded them. So all the TM functionality is there.
  4.    #4  
    And it doesn't have a SCART socket (while my DVD player doesn't have HDMI).
    If the TV has RCA/phono jacks, you might be able to get an adaptor
    SCART Adapters - Audio Visual Cables | Maplin
    elvispre likes this.
    This is the first I've ever heard of SCART. UK thing?

I looked all around and couldn't find any record feature on my TV. But then at 24" it's kind of lower end.
    elvispre likes this.
  7.    #7  
    From Wikipedia:
    "SCART is a French-originated standard and associated 21-pin connector for connecting audio-visual equipment."

It has been around in the UK for years and years. Basically, you just chain all your kit together with SCART and it Just Works. Until now, apparently. Maybe I'll buy an adapter or maybe I'll get a newer DVD / Blu-Ray device. I could do with a recorder probably.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    I used to connect my Commodore 64 using SCART to my TV....

SCART is around that long.... But as far as I know it is analogue, so I suppose it is about to be forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    I used to connect my Commodore 64 using SCART to my TV....

SCART is around that long.... But as far as I know it is analogue, so I suppose it is about to be forgotten.
    Wow, that was a few years ago! I'd say it has to be analog to hook up a C64. We had to use the RF modulator to the TV. We had a VIC 20 hooked up to an old console TV with broken color - pick red green or blue, or turn it all down for B/W. There were 22 or 23 huge characters per row. We were too po to afford a dedicated computer monitor.
    horzel likes this.