webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG TV makes NAS drive permanently stay on
LG TV makes NAS drive permanently stay on

Old 04/04/2016, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi

I've just bought an LG 43UF770V WebOS TV and have connected it to my NAS drive via Smartshare. However, the NAS is permanently spinning up when the TV is on. I can usually only hear it when it's being accessed by a network device but as soon as the TV is switched on, the HDD ramps up to hyperspeed and stays on permanently. It's a Zyxel NSA310, is there a setting I can alter to avoid this happening?

Cheers

Chris
Chris Sandiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2016, 10:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I don't know of any settings, but I can tell you that when the TV boots, it searches for DLNA media servers, and gets information about their content to cache for future use. If you have a lot of stuff on your server (like literally thousands of files, like I had my music collection on mine, like 50k files) it can take hours, since it's doing it in the background and intentionally (i presume) slowly, a few at a time, to avoid having large hits to the CPU. I would presume that once it has the data cached, it would remember it, and try to only request info on new things.. but i don't know how the internals of all of that work, only what it's doing.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote