webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > WiFi refuses to turn on, 55UF6790-UB
WiFi refuses to turn on, 55UF6790-UB

Old 03/05/2016, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

My WiFi originally worked when I pulled this TV out of the box, I used it for a few days, and then I got my wired network stuff over. Working under an assumption that Wireless connections such as WiDi probably need the WiFi to come on, but the WiFi maybe doesn't come on while Wired is plugged in... I unplugged the Wired network.

I still can't get the WiFi to turn on, even after several restarts. I'm considering doing a Reset To Initial, to see if that helps, but I'm suspecting that all that will probably do is just make me have to spend time reconfiguring my LG account and stuff again, without fixing the problem.

Anyone else have any ideas? good or.. not so good? heh

TV: 55UF6790-UB (4K without built-in bluetooth/magic remote capability)
webOS TV Version 2.2.0-1322 (beehive-biscayne)

It's showing "undefined" for the WiFi MAC address, and when I attempt to scan for networks under the Network tab, I get absolutely nothing.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2016, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
My WiFi originally worked when I pulled this TV out of the box, I used it for a few days, and then I got my wired network stuff over. Working under an assumption that Wireless connections such as WiDi probably need the WiFi to come on, but the WiFi maybe doesn't come on while Wired is plugged in... I unplugged the Wired network.

I still can't get the WiFi to turn on, even after several restarts. I'm considering doing a Reset To Initial, to see if that helps, but I'm suspecting that all that will probably do is just make me have to spend time reconfiguring my LG account and stuff again, without fixing the problem.

Anyone else have any ideas? good or.. not so good? heh

TV: 55UF6790-UB (4K without built-in bluetooth/magic remote capability)
webOS TV Version 2.2.0-1322 (beehive-biscayne)

It's showing "undefined" for the WiFi MAC address, and when I attempt to scan for networks under the Network tab, I get absolutely nothing.
Seems like a hardware failure. If the factory reset didn't work and you don't feel like trying to flash it then it's definitely a hardware failure
mrmarquis9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2016, 05:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I haven't actually done the factory reset yet, I was hoping there'd be some other ideas out there. I don't even know how to flash a retail set -- how does that process work? if it works?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote