webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Simplink no longer working
Simplink no longer working

Old 02/13/2016, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Not sure how, but out of nowhere Simplink/power sync between my LG TV (55LB6530-UQ) and my LG DVD/Sound System (HT963TA) stopped working.

My DVD player is connected to my TV on HDMI1 which uses arc and also though optical with Simplink and power sync on. I used to be able to change volume and do other functions without having my Magic Remote pointed at my DVD player, but all of a sudden this no longer happens.

Has anyone else experienced this/know how to fix it?
Claybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2016, 07:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I've not heard of that, but I'd poke through all the related settings on the TV. Perhaps even going so far as to remove the devices, and replug them and go through the Device Connector again.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2016, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I've not heard of that, but I'd poke through all the related settings on the TV. Perhaps even going so far as to remove the devices, and replug them and go through the Device Connector again.
I've checked all the settings and removed and re-added multiple times and switched HDMI ports as well. I might just factory reset my TV and go from there.
Old 02/28/2016, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claybro View Post
I've checked all the settings and removed and re-added multiple times and switched HDMI ports as well. I might just factory reset my TV and go from there.
yeah, a factory reset could be just the trick. And def call the 800 number in the Settings -> About -> Support page to report this problem :-)
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2016, 05:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
yeah, a factory reset could be just the trick. And def call the 800 number in the Settings -> About -> Support page to report this problem :-)
So I have done a factory reset and set up my sound system as follows.

Type: Home Theater
Input: HDMI 1 (ARC)
Output: Optical
SIMPLINK/Power Sync: On

I am getting audio, but now I can't seem to control the volume through the remote. The only thing I can do is mute/unmute. I don't even get the +/- icons anymore (mute icon still shows up).

The only way I can control volume is by switching to the device and and using the on-screen remote. In the Device Connector set up the remote and the power, function and OK buttons all worked.

Completely lost right now.
Old 03/12/2016, 02:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

I am not a HDMI-CEC (SYMPLINK) expert, but I have issue with my LG TV, AVR and player as well and have read, test a lot.

I have read in the manual that your LG HT963TA has a HDMI connector. You should use ONLY the HDMI and remove the optical, analogic cables to the TV. The other side of the HDMI should be plugged in the HDMI (ARC) TV connector, as you did.
TV should be setup with HDMI output (ARC)
And this should work, including ARC.
Luckily, you have 2 LG devices (this is not my case), so don't hesitate to send them emails and if needed to harass them. They are not very long to answer.

So let me know, it could help me (and other) as well.

Have a good day
Debussy is offline   Reply With Quote