webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Annoying "Input bubbles"
Annoying "Input bubbles"

Old 01/11/2016, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all. I have a LG Electronics 47LB6300 and I loved it so far. Recently I made a made big firmware update and a very annoying behaviour started. It doesn't matter if I use an app or simply use one of the HDMI inputs... occasionally in the lower section a "bubble" would pop up that represent one of the HDMI inputs.

I guess it offers my to switch. Now I can wait for 5-10s or I can click it away. This is really annoying. And I couldn't find anything to turn it of in the settings.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Michael
Brazoragh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2016, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the same issue and came to this forum for an answer and the first post I see is your. Any clue on how to disable this?
Jairo Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2016, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have seen the same thing. At random times, the tile for my Samsung Bluray just pops up by itself. Until i saw this, I thought the remote was getting bumped. I have never seen this behavior before. I didn't even know a tile could just show up without the whole bar below.
petbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2016, 06:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Some HDMI ports offer some "auto detect" feature. I forgot it's official name. On my Panasonic TV it's only on HDMI 1, HDMI 2 and HDMI 3 don't have it. It might be worth seeing if your LG TV has the "auto detect" port as well and to connect your device to a port without "auto detect" to see if the problem disappears. It's nasty but might at least work around it.
Old 01/15/2016, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mine is hooked into HDMI3. I also noticed that it is simplink compatible. Since it is the only device i have that is, I disabled simplink in the general menu and I will see if the issue goes away.

For the others who have seen this, what port is the offending device plugged in to?
Old 01/15/2016, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think I disabled SIMPLINK and it had no effect (for this).
And unfortunately, all HDMI slots seems to be affected.

Michael
Old 01/15/2016, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

I don't know. On my TV, it is only the bluray player on HDMI3. The other ports are used but don't exhibit the issue.
Old 01/27/2016, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Firmware 05.00.55 seems to have solved the problem.
Old 01/27/2016, 07:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

It was intermittant, but I haven't seen it in sometime. Disabling simplink eliminated 99% of it, but i did see it once. I enabled simplink after the update and haven't seen it. here's hoping it is fixed.