webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG TV webOS file format movies
LG TV webOS file format movies

Old 12/07/2015, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Type of TV - LG 55ub9500.

Does anybody have any information in reference to what file format for playing video that webOS interacts best with? When playing digital movies through my external hard drive plugged into my usb port, the movies always freeze and lag at points. The movie will play for a while and then freezes for 5 - 45 seconds or more and then speed up the video to catch up where it should be. It is not the hard drive because it works fine on the computer and other smart tvs I have ran it on. Any thoughts or ideas on the issue and how I could solve the problem would be appreciated. It's super frustrating. Thanks!
DWright803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2015, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWright803 View Post
Type of TV - LG 55ub9500.

Does anybody have any information in reference to what file format for playing video that webOS interacts best with? When playing digital movies through my external hard drive plugged into my usb port, the movies always freeze and lag at points. The movie will play for a while and then freezes for 5 - 45 seconds or more and then speed up the video to catch up where it should be. It is not the hard drive because it works fine on the computer and other smart tvs I have ran it on. Any thoughts or ideas on the issue and how I could solve the problem would be appreciated. It's super frustrating. Thanks!
I am experiencing similar problems I have a wired network with great speeds yet anytime I try and play a downloaded video file it either doesn't play and says network error or it starts playing and anytime I try to skip to another point in the movie I get the same error. This is extremely frustrating as its a brand new tv 55uf7600 and works great otherwise but my fear is that the TV simply doesn't play certain file types. However it seems to be several that won't play. I've had this issue with MKV and AVI
guyrelax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg smart tv, video format, webos