webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Lg apps useless. I can't find new ones!
Lg apps useless. I can't find new ones!

Old 10/15/2015, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hello I have lg 650v smart tv but my problem is that in the store there are some apps (mostly useless) and there isnt anything new. When i search for app it cannot be found. When i open the store i see only the same apps nothing new. What's the problem. Plz help!
Bekinthaqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/15/2015, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

What exactly are you looking for? Personally, I've had better luck with a Google search to see if an app is yet available for the new LG webOS TV's. And yes... I noticed recently that nothing new seems be be getting released. They promised many new apps (Sling TV, HBOgo, ect..) were being worked on and would be released soon, but nothing yet. It is a bit frustrating.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2015, 08:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

I had the same impression when I turned on the TV for the first time . Does not have many applications, it lacks some useful app and the community has been too slow in creating emulators and homebrew applications. It's just another TV in the market, nothing impressive .
aldighieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2015, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

While the app selection is limited to some 'main' apps, for me the OS has been very impressive. It's much better than the other designs of 'boxes' of selections when moving to other apps. And the TV's ability to keep the card open while you go to another card is very handy (ie: moving from the Netflix app to another.. then going back to the Netflix app allows you to simply pick up where you left off in the show without actually having to reopen and restart it).

Old 10/20/2015, 08:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

I like my WebOS TV. I have looked at the apps and they are really lacking. Most of the apps I noticed were for channels and services outside the US (where I purchased the TV). Tbh, I really dont care about the apps on a TV but thought this thread interesting.
etphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2015, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekinthaqi View Post
Hello I have lg 650v smart tv but my problem is that in the store there are some apps (mostly useless) and there isnt anything new. When i search for app it cannot be found. When i open the store i see only the same apps nothing new. What's the problem. Plz help!
Most of the new apps I've tried have been completely useless. I basically use Netflix 90% of the time and 3DGO! the other 10%. Both are great, of course. Other than YouTube on a rare occasion, I haven't found anything else worth using.
Johnny905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2015, 10:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

My most used apps on the TV are Netflix and Amazon, and then the inputs for a Roku 3 and Amazon Fire stick (Roku is much better).

Because I use an HDHomerun box for my cable channels (through Emby on Roku) I don't use the built in channels or channel guide. I wish TV's would build in slots for cable cards since I refuse to pay $10/mo or more to a cable company to 'rent' a cable box [ugh!! what a scam]

I'm just hoping for a Sling app and maybe HBO2Go for webOS.

Old 11/04/2015, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

I am really hoping they could work on getting apps like hbo go, showtime anytime, fox sports go, time warner cable (so can watch it on the tv without an extra cable box), etc.

Sadly I feel we got all were going to get for the most part and I use my chromecast to fill the void. webOS lack of apps is nothing I'm not used to since the old phone days.
ryancell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2016, 05:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
My most used apps on the TV are Netflix and Amazon, and then the inputs for a Roku 3 and Amazon Fire stick (Roku is much better).

Because I use an HDHomerun box for my cable channels (through Emby on Roku) I don't use the built in channels or channel guide. I wish TV's would build in slots for cable cards since I refuse to pay $10/mo or more to a cable company to 'rent' a cable box [ugh!! what a scam]

I'm just hoping for a Sling app and maybe HBO2Go for webOS.
I would preferred the app on the TV. I have both Netflix and Amazon. But the missing app are HBO, Showtime, Cinemax. I found myself using Amazon Fire TV Stick more and more because it has all the app I need. For that's I have to say, why the hell do they bother making the smartTV half smart. I can just have a dumb TV and buy a Fire TV or Roku. One thing I found interesting is the LG remote works with FireTV Stick.
toiday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg tv, lg webos, webos tv