webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Can't connect to LG Content Store
Can't connect to LG Content Store

Old 10/13/2015, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

I have a 55UG870v and for the last three days I have been unable to connect to the LG Content Store. When I try to connect to the LG Content Store first the screen just goes all grey then a while then a white screen comes up saying "Network Error (2)".

However the TV says that it is connected to the internet and I have confirmed this by using the build in web-app, I can access webpages for example by using the built in www browser. I tried to change the connection form my normal wired ethernet to the wifi. I even tried to change the DNS server to the google default 8.8.8.8 all with no luck.

I called the LG support line and was told to try a factory reset, this did not fix the problem but now all the 3rd party app have been reset to an old version and they say they need to be updated but of corse this requires the LG Content Store so I am in even worse position now. And the support guy did not know what to do, beyond this.

I really can't think of any thing else to do, and this is driving me crazy, any one have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
validus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2015, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by validus70 View Post
I have a 55UG870v and for the last three days I have been unable to connect to the LG Content Store. When I try to connect to the LG Content Store first the screen just goes all grey then a while then a white screen comes up saying "Network Error (2)".

However the TV says that it is connected to the internet and I have confirmed this by using the build in web-app, I can access webpages for example by using the built in www browser. I tried to change the connection form my normal wired ethernet to the wifi. I even tried to change the DNS server to the google default 8.8.8.8 all with no luck.

I called the LG support line and was told to try a factory reset, this did not fix the problem but now all the 3rd party app have been reset to an old version and they say they need to be updated but of corse this requires the LG Content Store so I am in even worse position now. And the support guy did not know what to do, beyond this.

I really can't think of any thing else to do, and this is driving me crazy, any one have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
I'm having the exact same problem. Bought the 49UF850V and its connected via the LAN cable. It successfully downloaded the latest firmware and installed fine. But now if it wants to connect to the lg store for anything, I get the network error (2).

Did you manage to resolve this?
rajindersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2015, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry to disappoint you but I have not been able to solve this it is really frustrating. I am going to look in to downgrading the firmware this weekend and see if I can use that to make it work again.

What country are you from? I wonder if this is a regional issue, I am in the Netherlands, since I have not read about others with this problem yet.
Old 11/08/2015, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have not been able to downgrade the firmware or get a connection for over a month, I am so frustrated with this TV.

rajindersb, have you been able to figure any thing out?
Old 11/11/2015, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm in the UK and have the same issue. Had a similar problem in Sept when I first got the TV. Not fit for purpose. I will be returning to LG for a full refund. No apps work or can be updated. Connects to the store fine. Just fails every time saying "try again". avoid this TV at all costs. Piece of rubbish
manksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2015, 04:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by validus70 View Post

Thanks in advance!
Same problem with 47LB650V after the update I can't connect to lg store neither to YouTube. Displays network error but tv is connected to internetperfect, browser works perfectly.
Posting from Greece.
samaritis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2016, 03:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaritis View Post
Same problem with 47LB650V after the update I can't connect to lg store neither to YouTube. Displays network error but tv is connected to internetperfect, browser works perfectly.
Posting from Greece.
I had the same problem until I switched my wifi from the 4g EE mobile wifi pocket modem we have to our fixed landline wifi modem. Then I was able to update all my apps
Taigerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg tv, lg webos, webos tv