webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG invents the world`s first OLED TV panel that sticks to the wall.
LG invents the world`s first OLED TV panel that sticks to the wall.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By akitayo

Old 05/21/2015, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
News Contributor

We are used to stick notes , ads, phones numbers etc to our fridge with magnetic stickers but we have not seen yet an OLED TV wallpaper that sticks to the wall. Well that is happening now thanks to LG Display.

The 55-inch wallpaper OLED panel, presented as one of the company's future displays at a media event, is only 0.97 mm thick, weighs 1.9 kg and can easily be stuck to a wall with a magnetic mat, or removed from it.
The new product is far slimmer compared with LG Display's existing flagship 55-inch OLED panel that is 4.3 mm thick.

I don`t know if that OLED TV panel (below) works with WebOS on. Maybe it is. As any LG smart TV is now running webOS.

LG Display unveils wallpaper OLED panel
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/22/2015, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

So stick it on the fridge, then you can reach inside your TV for a beer!
Old 05/22/2015, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

I can see companies sticking them everywhere - even sides of vans and trucks for advertising events. It would make mounting a display to any wall so easy.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by akitayo likes this.
Old 05/22/2015, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm gonna have to get me one of those!.......should I sell my right arm or my left arm?
jccjmml7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2015, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
News Contributor

It is a new market option. What would you like? A TV with metal frame and metallic support base or a simple TV sticker? Which of them will cost more?

We can think the TV sticker will be cheaper than the metallic framed one. But at the beginning new techs usually are expensive.
Old 05/25/2015, 01:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Have you seen these new beer coolers from Budweiser with a digital screen inside the entire glass door front? Those are impressive too.
Old 05/25/2015, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
Have you seen these new beer coolers from Budweiser with a digital screen inside the entire glass door front? Those are impressive too.
and it is made by LG as well:

Just across from our own booth was LG-MRI's ThruVu transparent digital cooler, which was a hit with attendees. The Budweiser-branded fridge door featured......

Check out the 9 coolest things we saw at the Digital Signage Expo 2015
6.- LG-MRI's digital signage Budweiser coolers
These are not new things, these semi-transparent digital signage display-fronted beer coolers, but they're definitely pretty cool. They were spotted in several spots around the show, but what was really cool was hearing how the company is shipping literally thousands of units a week to locations around the country through its partnership with the king of beers.

http://www.digitalsignagetoday.com/a...-signage-expo/

Last edited by akitayo; 05/25/2015 at 11:36 AM.
Liked by TJs11thPre likes this.
Thanked By: TJs11thPre
Old 05/25/2015, 12:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

I didn't know it was LG. Awesome! Yep that's the one I saw in one of my local bars in Atlanta area. It runs a dynamic Bud ad, much more than just the static image pictured here of course. Brilliant use of digital signage.

Now imagine the windows of a building or vehicle coated with this screen tech. Combined with the oled mat tech, buses could become huge rolling dynamic billboards!
Old 05/25/2015, 07:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
I can see companies sticking them everywhere - even sides of vans and trucks for advertising events. It would make mounting a display to any wall so easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
I didn't know it was LG. Awesome! Yep that's the one I saw in one of my local bars in Atlanta area. It runs a dynamic Bud ad, much more than just the static image pictured here of course. Brilliant use of digital signage.

Now imagine the windows of a building or vehicle coated with this screen tech. Combined with the oled mat tech, buses could become huge rolling dynamic billboards!
Yep, the way to make advertising is about to change, no more Sci-Fi Maybe for the CES 2016 could it be ready to be available.