webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG Browser Cycling for Presentations
LG Browser Cycling for Presentations

Old 03/29/2015, 06:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi

Probably a simple n00b question.

I want to put some TVs on walls for presentation purposes, they need to cycle through web tabs on a browser. I can see I can do this with Google Chrome plugin but was thinking of going LG/Webos and hopefully doing it without the need for a separate computer plugged into a TV. Is this possible? So to recap I want to load a browser with multiple tabs and have it cycle through, same 3 minutes on each tab.

Thanks
Dave
Dave-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2015, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Set the webpages to auto-load the next page in 3 minutes, and just open the 1st one in the browser.
No need for anything special, and you can repair optional issues on any page centrally.

Code:
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="90;URL='http://www.wherever.com/whatever.html'" />
Regards,
Marc

Last edited by grotevoet; 03/30/2015 at 10:58 AM.
grotevoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2015, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

switch 90 to 180 for 3 minutes

Other options could be to use the LG Signage devices, or get yourself the developer SDK over at developer.lge.com and write an app to do what you need. Sadly, it's not quite as easy as just plugging a computer into the TV and uploading the app to it, you have to create the app, then upload it to a page on developer.lge.com, then when you receive the signed package back, put it on a USB stick and connect it to the TV..
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg tv, presentaton, webos