Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robini0
  • 1 Post By Robert Hughes3
  1.    #1  
    As the title says, just got a 42LB730V and after an hour or so's use it goes laggy, takes several seconds to respond to key presses on the Magic Remote. It's virtually unusable and I have to restart the TV. Any suggestions (aside from sending it back?)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/05/2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typos fixed
    I've found that HDMI control affects the TV, causing it to get slower over time.
    If you have a sky box or other set top box with HDMI control, try disabling it on the sky box. Alternatively if you've configured the magic remote to control something else, try removing the control in the device connector menu. I did both of these and it's worked a treat, it's pretty snappy now.
    Also some people have had to disable the simplink feature, so you could try doing that if the other suggestions don't work.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Hi, I had this exact issue and found out it was Simplink as suggested above. As soon as this was disabled, back to normal.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Please report these issues to LG Tech support, don't just live with them, ok? :-) I believe there's a phone number listed in your Settings that you can call for your region.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5.    #5  
    I phoned LG support with the same issue just after I got mine, they phoned me back within 30 mins with the SIMPLINK answer, so they are aware of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangerinetractor View Post
    I phoned LG support with the same issue just after I got mine, they phoned me back within 30 mins with the SIMPLINK answer, so they are aware of it.
    good. :-) hopefully it will get a real fix.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    The same problem is with a raspberry pi with openelec or raspbmc. It slows down the LG WebOS terribly after half an hour. Turning simplink off is not really an option because I have to use a separate remote control. This wasn't needed with my former Samsung TV. If I knew this on forehand I probably would not have choaen for LG.

Please fix this LG!
    Keep calling the support number, and tweeting to @LGUS (or whatever LG twitter account services your area if there is one)
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    This topic should not be marked "solved". Only a lame workaround is proposed which give other problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertS321 View Post
    This topic should not be marked "solved". Only a lame workaround is proposed which give other problems.
    Point taken - Title updated to "fix" so show a workaround/fix.. not a solution
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Software update 04.45.04 solved my problem with Simplink slowing down my 55ec930v! Finally! A now happy user ! I experienced it with a raspberry pi.

In the Netherlands 2 versions of 04.45.04 exist on the support site of LG! They look the same with the same size but there are differences. I used the one with the word oled in the filename within the zip.

Starfish-dvb-secured-m14tv-32.arches-3246-04.45.04-prodkey_usb.oled_V3_SECURED.epk

Nowhere is told what the differences are. A file comparison tool tells me that about 10kb is different of the total size of 643 mb.