webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > 42LB730V Laggy after an hours use [Fix]
42LB730V Laggy after an hours use [Fix]
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robini0
  • 1 Post By Robert Hughes3

Old 02/23/2015, 04:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

As the title says, just got a 42LB730V and after an hour or so's use it goes laggy, takes several seconds to respond to key presses on the Magic Remote. It's virtually unusable and I have to restart the TV. Any suggestions (aside from sending it back?)

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/05/2015 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typos fixed
tangerinetractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/01/2015, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)

I've found that HDMI control affects the TV, causing it to get slower over time.
If you have a sky box or other set top box with HDMI control, try disabling it on the sky box. Alternatively if you've configured the magic remote to control something else, try removing the control in the device connector menu. I did both of these and it's worked a treat, it's pretty snappy now.
Also some people have had to disable the simplink feature, so you could try doing that if the other suggestions don't work.
Robini0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 03/05/2015, 05:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hi, I had this exact issue and found out it was Simplink as suggested above. As soon as this was disabled, back to normal.
Robert Hughes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 03/07/2015, 03:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Please report these issues to LG Tech support, don't just live with them, ok? :-) I believe there's a phone number listed in your Settings that you can call for your region.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2015, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

I phoned LG support with the same issue just after I got mine, they phoned me back within 30 mins with the SIMPLINK answer, so they are aware of it.
tangerinetractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2015, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerinetractor View Post
I phoned LG support with the same issue just after I got mine, they phoned me back within 30 mins with the SIMPLINK answer, so they are aware of it.
good. :-) hopefully it will get a real fix.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 04/12/2015, 02:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

The same problem is with a raspberry pi with openelec or raspbmc. It slows down the LG WebOS terribly after half an hour. Turning simplink off is not really an option because I have to use a separate remote control. This wasn't needed with my former Samsung TV. If I knew this on forehand I probably would not have choaen for LG.

Please fix this LG!
RobertS321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2015, 12:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Keep calling the support number, and tweeting to @LGUS (or whatever LG twitter account services your area if there is one)
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 04/15/2015, 02:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

This topic should not be marked "solved". Only a lame workaround is proposed which give other problems.
Old 04/15/2015, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertS321 View Post
This topic should not be marked "solved". Only a lame workaround is proposed which give other problems.
Point taken - Title updated to "fix" so show a workaround/fix.. not a solution

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/23/2015, 08:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

Software update 04.45.04 solved my problem with Simplink slowing down my 55ec930v! Finally! A now happy user ! I experienced it with a raspberry pi.

In the Netherlands 2 versions of 04.45.04 exist on the support site of LG! They look the same with the same size but there are differences. I used the one with the word oled in the filename within the zip.

Starfish-dvb-secured-m14tv-32.arches-3246-04.45.04-prodkey_usb.oled_V3_SECURED.epk

Nowhere is told what the differences are. A file comparison tool tells me that about 10kb is different of the total size of 643 mb.