webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG TV Plus app (Android - sorry) - anyone get it working?
LG TV Plus app (Android - sorry) - anyone get it working?

Old 02/10/2015, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Has anyone gotten the Live TV function of the updated LG TV Plus app working? I got it to display the streaming content, but not Live TV content for the TV Guide function.

Here's what it's supposed to look like:

And here is the error I get (even though I have the zipcode and channel info entered and running already):

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_2015-02-10-16-24-47.png (117.5 KB, 83 views) Email Attachment

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2015, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Never tried the live TV function. I'll see if I can get it working later. But this app was just updated. Have you gotten the latest update?
cdjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2015, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
Never tried the live TV function. I'll see if I can get it working later. But this app was just updated. Have you gotten the latest update?
Yes, this question is for the most recent update. All of these TV Guide functions were just added with the last update. I can get the streaming stuff working, but it's just getting the Live TV tab syncing with my TV. I'm getting all my channels OTA, but the TV does have the channel listings in it and is displaying it's own programming information (TV Guide info). Just can't get the app and the TV to sync that info.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/12/2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02/13/2015, 04:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

huh. that's interesting. Have you checked for updates on the TV recently?

It's also pretty cool that it can do that, and it's apparently pulling the info from the TV itself, which means that it should be able to pick up things even if your only source of channels is an old school antenna or a cable system without a box.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2015, 06:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
huh. that's interesting. Have you checked for updates on the TV recently?

It's also pretty cool that it can do that, and it's apparently pulling the info from the TV itself, which means that it should be able to pick up things even if your only source of channels is an old school antenna or a cable system without a box.
Yep, I checked for updates on the TV and everything. I'm not using cable, but OTA and even went through PITA of rescanning all of my channels. Ugh... didn't fix the issue. Why this isn't pulling the Live TV info from my TV is a mystery. Not very intuitive at the moment.

BTW... Their TV Plus app is really poorly designed. You have to jump back and forth in the app just to get to the screen that shows all of the tabs for streaming and live tv. Not well thought through for useability.

Old 02/13/2015, 06:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

i wonder if it might be a feature that isn't ... done?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 02/13/2015, 07:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

It wouldn't surprise me if they made this a webOS 2.0 function only for some reason.

Old 02/13/2015, 10:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I know from glancing around at the developer.lge.com site, there's at least one or two public APIs that are being backported to 1.x
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 02/14/2015, 11:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

I can't even find the 'live TV' or 'guide' menu. I've updated the app - where should I be looking ?!?
Paul Buckley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2015, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Just looking through the app description - a lot of the new features are webos 2.0
Paul Buckley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2015, 12:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

"And the new features of content is available with only webOS Smart TV 2.0 released in 2015.
(It is not a feature that is supported by all countries. We are planning to expand the country gradually and support the functionality to webOS TV released in 2014 too)"
Paul Selby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2015, 10:55 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Buckley1 View Post
I can't even find the 'live TV' or 'guide' menu. I've updated the app - where should I be looking ?!?
I found it my accident myself. You have to swipe in from the left side of the screen. Sometimes you have to restart the app to get that side panel to respond. The other dumb thing is that you can't go directly to that 4 panel, you have to start on one panel and then go back to get to "Home (Contents Discovery)" panel to see all items. It's really poorly thought out and non-intuitive.

Old 02/15/2015, 12:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've access to the menu however I'm also getting the same message about the zip code set up. If I select 'HOME (CONTENTS DISCOVERY)' i get a 'network error' - hmmmm
Paul Selby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2015, 06:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

In today's update, it just comes up with a screen saying that network was not found, check network connection and restart app. *sigh*
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!