webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > LG TV WebOS Free application for Windows Phone
LG TV WebOS Free application for Windows Phone
Like Tree14Likes

Old 01/20/2015, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi

I have finished developping a Windows Phone Remote control App for the LG LB670V Television.

It supports the main features including the mouse and remot keyboard.

While releasing it i found out from the reviews that it is also compatible for the TV belows:

UB980T
UB980V
LB650
UB850
LB690V
LB677V
LB6300
LB653V

It is available on the Windows Store under the name : LB670V Remote

Give it a try ! it is totally free.

More information can be found here .

SD
SylDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman, MudShark22, Saijin_Naib and 3 others like this.
Old 01/21/2015, 10:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

If Universal and also working on Surface 5 stars !
Stefano Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2015, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Nice work. Any chance it is cross-platform?
Old 01/21/2015, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

@SylDev - That looks really nice! I don't have a Windows Phone, but love the look of the app!

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2015, 01:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you soooo much SylDev!!!
I downloaded the app yesterday, it works great on 47LB630V... I really really love it!
I think it can replace both traditional remote and magic remote.
5 stars on the app store!

This is a must have app for LG WebOS and Windows Phone owners.

If I can make some suggestion I would change the name of the app. It would give it more visibility. I would call "LG webOS remote" since I presume it works with all webOS TVs.
Another request. Memorize TV parameter and connect automatically when I open the app. Don't ask to detect every time.

Thank you
davideborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2015, 07:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davideborn View Post
Thank you soooo much SylDev!!!
I downloaded the app yesterday, it works great on 47LB630V... I really really love it!
I think it can replace both traditional remote and magic remote.
5 stars on the app store!

This is a must have app for LG WebOS and Windows Phone owners.

If I can make some suggestion I would change the name of the app. It would give it more visibility. I would call "LG webOS remote" since I presume it works with all webOS TVs.
Another request. Memorize TV parameter and connect automatically when I open the app. Don't ask to detect every time.

Thank you
Thank you for your comment!

Indeed the application could have an automatic connect (either to IP to via auto search), i will think about it.

About the name i was not exactly sure that it would be supported on othersTelevisions.I imagine that i could work on LG television with same WebOS Version as the LB670V.

I was thinking also to change the name (stupid to restrict it to one model right) but it could be quite difficult now that the existing name is alraedy known Looking for "LG" or "webos" keywords on the store you can also find it easily but having this reflected directly in the name would be good too

I am currently working on localization and one extra features for the touchpad.
But i will keep the idea of the auto connect and see if i can include it in next relaese or for later.
Liked by Preemptive likes this.
Old 02/01/2015, 07:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano Mura View Post
If Universal and also working on Surface 5 stars !
I am not yet very familiar with this aspect for multiplateform but i will check about it.
Liked by Preemptive likes this.
Old 02/02/2015, 02:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylDev View Post
I am not yet very familiar with this aspect for multiplateform but i will check about it.
I would very much like to see a version of this for old webOS.. would be fantastic to have a touchstone-charging tv remote ;-)
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 02/02/2015, 03:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Is this thread:
Connect SDK is here
and this code (from an LG webOS developer):
https://gist.github.com/jlai/d49ccbea26e9b5da20a3
of use?

The author seems to think this would work on a TP, but that the websockets of the phones are too old. I don't know if you're using connectSDK or a different method to send commands to the TV.
Old 02/02/2015, 08:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Tested it on a brand new LB650V and it works flawlessly!

Exceptional work, indeed! The Keyboard and Mouse panels are awesome! I'd put more attention to them in the photos in the Store! Who cares the stock Remote controller buttons?!

What I'd work with to improve is:
- being able to set No-lock-screen (optional setting) so one can keep its cell turned on indefinitely. If going locked, it loose the connection after a while, that's why I am saying
- Universal app (yes, ready for PC and Win10)
- a better name, maybe LG WebOS 1.x Remote Controller
- doubt that real-time typing is possible, right? Because those Send, Send+Enter buttons scares someone and I'd re-think the algorithm if real-time were a thing
- wonder if keyboard + trackpad coud be hosted in the same panel, maybe shrinking the above said buttons Send etc. I mostly use those 2 in conjunction: move the cursor, type a thing, move the cursor, etc.

I'll rate this 5 star just now.
Macco26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by eblade likes this.
Old 02/14/2015, 01:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macco26 View Post
Tested it on a brand new LB650V and it works flawlessly!

Exceptional work, indeed! The Keyboard and Mouse panels are awesome! I'd put more attention to them in the photos in the Store! Who cares the stock Remote controller buttons?!

What I'd work with to improve is:
- being able to set No-lock-screen (optional setting) so one can keep its cell turned on indefinitely. If going locked, it loose the connection after a while, that's why I am saying
- Universal app (yes, ready for PC and Win10)
- a better name, maybe LG WebOS 1.x Remote Controller
- doubt that real-time typing is possible, right? Because those Send, Send+Enter buttons scares someone and I'd re-think the algorithm if real-time were a thing
- wonder if keyboard + trackpad coud be hosted in the same panel, maybe shrinking the above said buttons Send etc. I mostly use those 2 in conjunction: move the cursor, type a thing, move the cursor, etc.

I'll rate this 5 star just now.

Thanks for your comments and for your adviced to offer more visibility to the app . iwill surely look into them and pickup some ideas

Ideal would be a custom keyboard here in addition to a text box (to still let the posiblity of the user to copy past info for ex like url);
Old 03/24/2015, 12:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Just to inform that i am working on the first update of this application and it will be ready in the upcoming days

It will implement a completely new design that i hope will rmake it even more fun to use!
I also implemented some of the change proposed in this forum thanks to the posters!

You can follow this progress also directly on my blog
Syl Development
Liked by MudShark22 and Macco26 like this.
Thanked by Macco26, MudShark22
Old 03/29/2015, 02:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

The first update has been released just now.

If not already, it should be already available in the Store in your region, else it should be in the next hours.

Some of the new features included:
- a totally new design, making it much easier to use
- new option to keep the screen active (avoid going idle)

If you downloaded the application already you will get notified to update.

Else to download it here is the link : LG webOS TV Remote | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Enjoy!

Note: the App is now named LG webOS TV Remote

If your webOS TV is not detected ,even trying the manual IP Connect (you can find the IP in the TV settings Under network). Try checking if LG Connect Apps option is activated in the TV settings. If still not please msg me with the TV Model.
Thanked By: Macco26
Old 03/31/2015, 08:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

I haven't yet tested the new app with the TV, but from the main Detection page I can give you some hints about clerical errors for the Italian language:

1) per poterti connettere alla prima televisione..
2) "Altrimenti puoi specificare l'indirizzo IP di seguito"
3) Vibrazione dei tasti
4) Fai una donazione per rimuovere gli annun.. (text is being truncated after that, can't check)

Old 04/02/2015, 04:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macco26 View Post
I haven't yet tested the new app with the TV, but from the main Detection page I can give you some hints about clerical errors for the Italian language:

1) per poterti connettere alla prima televisione..
2) "Altrimenti puoi specificare l'indirizzo IP di seguito"
3) Vibrazione dei tasti
4) Fai una donazione per rimuovere gli annun.. (text is being truncated after that, can't check)

hmm Interesting
I may have few words now with my colleague pretending hes italian

What would be the best way to translate the last sentence so it can fit in the app ?
Old 04/03/2015, 02:39 AM   #16 (permalink)

About the last sentence, FIRST, you must format it the way it wraps around and let people see it..

From what I can see and imagine, if you wanted to say: "donate to remove Ads"

A good translation could be:

"Fai una donazione per rimuovere gli annunci pubblicitari"

Not yet tested other pages with the TV, I'll check this later and provide you additional feedback, if needed.
Old 05/29/2015, 03:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Thanks, i am going to implement those changes in the next update
Old 05/30/2015, 09:30 AM   #18 (permalink)

I just searched WP store and couldn't find it. .

I recently read MS is cleaning up its app store. I'm curious if this app fell victim to their cleanup.
etphoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2015, 03:03 AM   #19 (permalink)

Strange, is it still the case ?

I have release a new small update v2.1

This one is including the correction aboves for the Italian translation, and the spanish and portuguese translations

I have also added a small help page link (was not a good idea to not put one at the beginning, the users using then the rating system to ask questions )

Finally i have made a small update related to the connection : when you use search, once a TV is found its IP will be saved in the IP box, you can then use Connect to connect directly to the last IP instead of using Search

It might be then quicker to connect but once the IP change you will get an error and will need to use Search again or provide another IP

I am working on the auto connect feature, i did an attempt but the version was not stable enough, hopefully it will be present for the next release
Old 06/05/2015, 09:57 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylDev View Post
Strange, is it still the case ?

I have release a new small update v2.1

This one is including the correction aboves for the Italian translation, and the spanish and portuguese translations

I have also added a small help page link (was not a good idea to not put one at the beginning, the users using then the rating system to ask questions )

Finally i have made a small update related to the connection : when you use search, once a TV is found its IP will be saved in the IP box, you can then use Connect to connect directly to the last IP instead of using Search

It might be then quicker to connect but once the IP change you will get an error and will need to use Search again or provide another IP

I am working on the auto connect feature, i did an attempt but the version was not stable enough, hopefully it will be present for the next release

Found it. However, not under the "LB670V" search. Just used remote and found it.

Doesn't work for me, however, my TV model #LF6300 isn't on your list. So, my bad.

Last edited by etphoto; 06/05/2015 at 10:19 AM.
etphoto is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
650, free app, windows phone