webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > smartshare LG49UB850V: mac with plex mediaserver not showing up
smartshare LG49UB850V: mac with plex mediaserver not showing up

Old 01/18/2015, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

I have an LG 49UB850V ultrahd tv. For smartshare I installed the plex mediaserver on my mac.
A added my movie and tv shows folders in the plex mediaserver.a
Also signed up for an account at Plex.com

Sadly the LG device connector does not see my mac. tried also with firewall off.....
I allowed connection for the plex mediaserver in the security / firewall settings of my mac.
I run mavericks on my mac.

tried everything. double checked settings. restarted....
Am I overlooking a possible issue?

any suggestion greatly appreciated.

thnx jane

Last edited by macha-one; 01/19/2015 at 12:38 PM.
macha-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2015, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Do you have DLNA enabled on the Plex server?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2015, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

yes DLNA is checked....
Old 01/20/2015, 05:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It'll be a week or so before I'm back in front of my Mac at home, so I'm not really able to give it a look.. I do know that SmartShare was picking up my Windows Plex. Do you have any other DLNA clients that you could possibly test it with, to verify that it is working? Perhaps Windows (I believe Win8+ natively supports DLNA, win7 might) or an Android or iOS DLNA ?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 01/21/2015, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

sorry.... no windows available...
Old 01/21/2015, 04:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I don't really have any bright ideas there. I'm on business till Saturday, so that's the bare minimum that I'd be able to install Plex for Mac and have a look. Perhaps a visit to the Plex support forum, to see if there's some way to test the DLNA connectivity from the Mac directly? Of course, there's always trying LG's tech support too
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 05/21/2015, 07:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Mac with plex media server
Not showing up.
radmila mezhibovsky is offline   Reply With Quote