webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Sling TV coming to LG WebOS TVs
Sling TV coming to LG WebOS TVs
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By akitayo

Old 01/11/2015, 08:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
News Contributor

Sling TV an internet cable TV service will offer a package of TV content. LG TVs with WebOS 1.0 and 2.0 will be able to stream the Sling TV content via internet.

In the starting of 2015, only LG is going to join the Sling TV that will stream all kind of channels such as entertainment, sports, news, family, movies etc. ESPN, CNN, TNT, carton network, ESPN 2 and many more channels can be streamed through internet connection in the Sling TVs.

Full article:

LG TVs with WebOS welcoming Sling TVs in them

CES 2015 has given excited news about the WebOS for LG TVs and Sling TVs. Sling TV which is going to be launched later in this month is an amazing substitute of cable or you can say an internet cable. There is no need to sign up for a cable connection rather you need to sign up for a package of TV content and it will be available to you through internet connection. Sling TV will allow you to access different TV channels in a reasonable price

If you are planning to have a LG TV with WebOS or already if you have one, then there is a good news for you that the Sling TV is coming to LG TV with WebOS . We do not have to wait too much as LG has already declared that this facility is going to be started by starting of this year. LG TVs with WebOS 1.0 and 2.0 will be able to stream the Sling TV content via internet.

Sling TV is a live TV so it’s a great advantages for the sports fan as they do not have to wait and can enjoy the live sports. In the starting of 2015, only LG is going to join the Sling TV that will stream all kind of channels such as entertainment, sports, news, family, movies etc. ESPN, CNN, TNT, carton network, ESPN 2 and many more channels can be streamed through internet connection in the Sling TVs.

Without having a cable subscription you can enjoy the live TV and your on demand content only through internet connection. Also the price is very reasonable and might be lesser than cable connection. So it’s a huge gain for the LG TV owners. But WebOS is must to access the Sling TV.

LG TVs with WebOS welcoming Sling TVs in them

http://www.sling.com/
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by eblade and mattmers like this.
Thanked By: eblade
Old 01/11/2015, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's good news...I'm very interested in the a la carte approach Sling seems to be going for - I'd love to be able to stop subsidizing the couple hundred channels I have little interest in and just pay for the handful I actually watch.
marcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2015, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

There was an interesting article about it in the WSJ talking about how Dish may limit the number of subscriptions they fill because they don't want to tick off networks. It's basically them putting a toe in the water first (since that's the direction everything is heading) to see what happens and what the reaction is on both sides (customer and network). Roku is going to have a channel for it right away too when it's offered. As a cord-cutter, as soon as it's out I'm going to try and jump in and see how it works and if it's worth it. It will be interesting if LG puts this channel on their 1st generation models too.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2015, 07:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Still nothing it seems...
sbaker1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2015, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Does anyone have any updates on this?
Old 09/05/2015, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaker1228 View Post
Does anyone have any updates on this?
I just asked them about any update of Sling TV on WebOS on the comments Meet the new 23-Karat Gold LG smartwatch!
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2015, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks let me know if you hear anything
Old 10/13/2015, 09:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ugh... still waiting for the Sling TV app and the HBO app to come around. This is taking sooo long for a couple of very popular apps.

Old 11/03/2015, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

It is now November, another 60 days or some 2015 will be okay, and yet this app is still nowhere to be found!
Please hurry up, LG!
jon_liao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2015, 02:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

I've got it on my Roku 3 and love it.... would still be nice to just have it directly available on the TV.

Old 12/05/2015, 12:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
I've got it on my Roku 3 and love it.... would still be nice to just have it directly available on the TV.
Please hurry. I love this tv but switching inputs through my receiver is a pain. The hdmi sync wants to wake up my bluray player cussing me to pick the Apple TV at least twice before it sticks. I need this app!
tkirchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2016, 12:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

I agree. Any news on this? It's hard to believe that this would take so long...
Brazoragh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2016, 04:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

Anybody have an update on the status? It's been over a year now..
cfdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2016, 08:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfdp View Post
Anybody have an update on the status? It's been over a year now..
I have called them twice, and I have called Sling... Also submitted emails to both, my theory is they decided not to do it and also partnered with roku to make the lg roku tvs (which have sling tv in them). Would have been nice to know when we bought a tv with web os!
Cottongim7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lg webos, sling tv, webos tv