webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Developer Mode in LG webOS TV
Developer Mode in LG webOS TV
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Pilotovef
  • 1 Post By Pilotovef
  • 1 Post By eblade

Old 11/13/2014, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

The good news it that developer mode is supported in LG's webOS TVs. The bad news - unlike Palm/HP's style, LG's developer mode needs login which provided only for partners.
I hope one day it will be opened for the third-party developers and we will have Preware with lots of homebrew apps in it .

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DevMode LG TV.jpg (74.7 KB, 176 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by Pilotovef; 11/13/2014 at 12:28 PM. Reason: 111
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X and athmane like this.
Thanked By: Remy X
Old 11/13/2014, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

I didn't realize webOS TV also supported Ukrainian*(?) localization/ language.... This should allow us to have the future community App Catalog with the UI in many languages without having to have someone proofread everything, because LG has done all the hard work

*For all I know it could just as easily be Byelorussian or Bulgarian, though Bulgarian skips some vowels AFAIK... still curious to know..
Old 11/13/2014, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Remy X, you're a polyglot. Yes, it's Bulgarian
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 11/13/2014, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

yep, I was about to point out it's Bulgarian. Had to read all the bulgarian words to make sure it's not Russian
Old 11/14/2014, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Not to dash anyone's hopes, but Dev Mode on TV is a nice thing that mostly gives you quicker access to testing apps on TV by pushing them over network, instead of having to install them via USB key, and provides some additional on device debugging tools. It's more open than not having any access at all, but it does not give you a root shell. :-) (I think you can get a shell, but it's fairly limited, probably mostly for testing node services)

I am also hoping it will eventually be opened up to independents, but there's not anything stopping an independent dev from trying to signup for it at the developer site? Maybe might require some NDAs or something.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 08/12/2015, 11:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Can anybody confirm this? (sceptical)
https://twitter.com/sugar_dave/statu...02877916286976

Quote:
Dave Freeman ‏@sugar_dave
Got my own personal #webOS TV the other day. Thinking about voiding its warranty #wehavethetechnology

pivotCE ‏@pivotCE
@sugar_dave Dev mode at last?

@pivotCE I should say _I_ have the technology :P

@pivotCE But, I think you can download the devmode app in the store.....I think