webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > latest update for TV's
latest update for TV's
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By petbull
  • 1 Post By marcedhk

Old 10/23/2014, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Today, my TV updated the firmware to 4.32.2. I have no idea what changed. I do wish they gave you an overview when they make changes.

Anybody else get this or know what is new?
petbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 10/23/2014, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just checked myself and the update is downloading now. Thanks for the heads-up. Interesting to see if a changelog can be dug up somewhere.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2014, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petbull View Post
I do wish they gave you an overview when they make changes.
I also wish they would allow you to rollback to previous versions as well - factory reset apparently doesn't take you back to the same firmware from the factory, which I had wanted to do in order to do some troubleshooting.
marcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 10/24/2014, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well, first thing I did was try to see if it would connect to my bluetooth headphone but no dice.

The only changes I think I see are the second app menu seems more compact, and the text on the settings screens seems to be in a smaller font size. Can anyone confirm this, as I'm not 100% sure.
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 10/24/2014, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

On thing I noticed in the very first update they released was that they pulled the TV volume down. It used to be really loud at a low setting, but they seemed to have scaled that back. I wish it was as loud as it used to be. I haven't played with the TV enough since the new update to look through for any changes.

Old 10/24/2014, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
On thing I noticed in the very first update they released was that they pulled the TV volume down. It used to be really loud at a low setting, but they seemed to have scaled that back. I wish it was as loud as it used to be. I haven't played with the TV enough since the new update to look through for any changes.
oh yes! You are right - I have been having to turn the volume up more, but somehow just didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize that it was since the 4.30.17 update.

ok, there's another change - got a notification on the top right that told me I could watch "Edge of Tomorrow 3D" for 50% off. It only happened shortly after I ad exited the Settings menu. I hope they're not expecting they can do that too often. Is this going to be webOS TV with "Special Offers" ?
Old 10/24/2014, 02:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
oh yes! You are right - I have been having to turn the volume up more, but somehow just didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize that it was since the 4.30.17 update.

ok, there's another change - got a notification on the top right that told me I could watch "Edge of Tomorrow 3D" for 50% off. It only happened shortly after I ad exited the Settings menu. I hope they're not expecting they can do that too often. Is this going to be webOS TV with "Special Offers" ?
I think that happened before the 4.30 update. I noticed it after the very first update they pushed.

Oh man... I hope they aren't going to start pushing 'specials' on the TV's. I don't have a 3D version, but I'll be interested to see if one pops up on my set at any time. That would suck.

Old 10/24/2014, 03:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have the 3d and haven't seen this feature. I'm already tired of ads on my tv just from the networks. It may have popped up and I just didn't notice. I am looking for a good 3d movie that would showcase the tv just to see how good it is. I have never really seen an effective 3d movie to know if the TV is good or not. They make the wife nauseous so she can't watch one with me. Bonus!
petbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2014, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Avatar, Life of Pi & Gravity are all good.

3D control is easier in the world of animation, so you can't really go wrong with those type of films.
Old 10/25/2014, 08:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post

Does your Notification Manager possibly give any info about what the source of that notification might've been?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2014, 10:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
Does your Notification Manager possibly give any info about what the source of that notification might've been?
Ah! Yes it does - here are a couple screenshots from the Notifications app.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG1.jpg (500.3 KB, 44 views) Email Attachment
File Type: jpg IMG2.jpg (383.7 KB, 36 views) Email Attachment
Old 10/28/2014, 05:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

The first time I turned on my TV after marcedhk mentioned getting the notification - I got it too. Same one advertising the deal on the movie. I don't even have the 3D model and I still got that notification.

Old 12/14/2014, 03:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Downloading another new update now. Will be interested to see if there's anything major...
Old 12/21/2014, 07:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

04.34.24 for 50LB6500-SF.
If anyone knows how to "truly" change the location (it appears to be locked per regions) please explain it. I'm a new user a bit disappointed as web browser has no flash, store has very limited apps, and magic universal control is not universal, can't be programmed with the set top box. Happy Xmas!
xocox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2014, 09:48 AM   #15 (permalink)

My webos tv becomes unresponsive to my remote controls, magic and default, after a few hours. The only cure is to power off the tv and back on again. Is anyone else having the same issue? Lg support not much help.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
sineansceal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2014, 12:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

@sineansceal how do you set the universal remote control for a setopbox or anyother device?
Old 12/24/2014, 09:42 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocox View Post
@sineansceal how do you set the universal remote control for a setopbox or anyother device?
i set up the magic remote to control the set-top box. To be honest it is quite limited and we still use both controllers. I used the setup option. You are given about 12 options. I had to go through each one and try via trial and error. I'm currently on holidays out of the country until the New Year. I'll go through the steps when I get back if you still need them. I use a UK/Ireland Sky set-top box.
sineansceal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/24/2014, 01:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Happy xmas, kindly please detail the steps after holidays, i cant find a setup (50LB6500)