webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Unable to connect to the LG store.
Unable to connect to the LG store.
Like Tree6Likes

Old 10/11/2014, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Just (7 hours ago) received this tv (49ub850v) Tried every setting I could. Wired connection, wireless, tethered through phone. TV clearly states it's connected to the internet, which i can verify by using the build in web-app, but i'm unable to connect to the store. (i've had this problem on the old software that was on it, but i downloaded the latest and greatest update (04-30-18) but the problem remains. The download told me its internet connection is more than fine.

Then I noticed something; the LG service location is set to France. (automatically), which should be set to the Netherlands. So i thought that manually changing this would solve the issue. But no. Still unable to connect and I get network-errors all around. (error no 4) I've tried 3 different ISP's and the internet connection is available. Also tried the google DNS (8.8.8.8) just in case.

Tried resetting the TV for 3 times. I need the store to be running in order to download the netflix app.

Feel like a beta-test dummy. Horrible first experience with webos.
Radfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: woelie
Old 10/11/2014, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'm afraid I don't have any answers, but I would suggest contacting the support line for your country, and please do let us know what they have to say. It could actually be that the store for that area is offline for some reason or other. Any possiblity you might be connected to a router that is set to block connections to something or other?
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2014, 01:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

No, it's not isp related. Tried different isp's. And connections. It seems the lgstore is down. (Got that reply from the avforum from a user in the UK) i'm able to connect to its webinterface though. But the tv doesn't show a proper error indicating the status of the store. It shows my internet connection is wrong instead of 'currently unavailable to connect to the store'

I've seen the option to manually add apps, but where can I download the apps? Guess it's too expensive to invest in a redundant environment for lg. Sorry for ranting.. I think it's wrong if your advertised and critical platform is highly unstable..
Old 10/12/2014, 02:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hi Radfahrer,

Have you had any luck solving this problem cause i'm facing the same problem. I'm also living in the Netherlands and tried to change the region settings several times, but not working. After unpacking the tv I had the NPO app working but now i only get network errors. I't driving my crazy!

Kind regards,
Roel
woelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2014, 03:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have The same problem in Serbia. For las two days i just can't connect to lg store! It looks like servere are down
Nikola Bozinovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2014, 02:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

WOELIE! you are my hero. Good to know i'm not alone. @Nikola Bozinovic; seems like a serious Europe related problem.. On the AVforum a user from the UK is experiencing the same issue.
I packed the TV this morning, and my wife said 'looks like it's going to be returned?'. Took it out this evening, still unable to connect to the store.

Unbelievable these tools at LG aren't capable of keeping a simple site up and running.

In my line of business we would need to work 24/7 to have a website up and running for a customer.

My first experience with the for now highly unstable and malfunctioning LG TV.. Welcome to the world of LG smart-tv's. From now on this is the future. Non working crap.

The store is slowly starting to show some crippled and spastic signs of life.
Old 10/12/2014, 04:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

okay! it's up and running again! Fantastic TV. Changing from plasma to this one, webos rocks. Too bad the LG store was down for so long though..

Last edited by Radfahrer; 10/13/2014 at 12:44 AM.
Old 10/13/2014, 01:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

welcome to the forum and thx for reporting. good to know LG fixed it within 24h (even if it shouldn't had happend in the first place).

Feel free to post the goods and bads about your 850 in the tv section.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2014, 03:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hi. I think it's very normal the server down sometimes this happen with all.
raysn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2014, 07:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

If your run a server from your house it would be ok. Its plain unacceptable that a professional company like LG has a server down for 48 hours. (not 24 as stated above)

That's abnormal, unprofessional and not the way you want your web services managed.
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 10/13/2014, 12:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Sounds like the problem I have, and I'm not the only one:

Not solved for me yet.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/13/2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: outside link removed
Stig Nygaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2014, 03:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

The more problems are reported directly to LG, the more likely they are to get fixed. Sadly, that's the only advice I can give.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Liked by i2y4n and Remy X like this.
Old 10/13/2014, 06:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

If issues are encountered, go to settings> general> about this TV and there is a Customer Service number to report to. I do wish they would monitor sites like this though.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2014, 01:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

And, no surpise. It's offline again.

On top of that, i registered on the LG store using the TV. Now trying to access the LG store through the web inteface it states the userID is unknown, but i'm unable to register that very same email-address on the website, since it's allready being used. (but i'm unable to reset the password, since the account is not in their system)

Seems to me like they have got a serious problem with merging their databases.

Highly unstable beta-experience.
I contacted them, but you only get an agreement that the site was down.

Horrible user-experience. Another wasted hour thanks to LG. Getting fed up with this pile of malfunctioning software.
Old 10/18/2014, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)

Great TV, Crap service. I cannot run Netflix, Utube, etc when LG Store is down. These apps should not require an LG Store connection.

LG Stupid TV
Stephen Jennings1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2014, 01:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Jennings1 View Post
Great TV, Crap service. I cannot run Netflix, Utube, etc when LG Store is down. These apps should not require an LG Store connection.

LG Stupid TV
Thanks for the feedback everyone! It does sound really wrong to have independent apps like YouTube tied to the status of the web store, and not have someone there to monitor it and ensure maximum uptime. 48 hours and a forum login issue is simply unacceptable. What's next? Someone running off with the database contents? Unbelievable
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2014, 06:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

OK that's it - i will NOT buy an webOS TV. I had dicontinued support with HP, will not accept same with LG. Hello Samsung TV.

@Radfahrer: there was a higher level LG representative watching a thread here. Perhaps he'll report here.

For me it is done now, don't have the time to play around with another webOS device not working as paid for.

Last edited by gizmo21; 10/18/2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10/18/2014, 09:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Jennings1 View Post

LG Stupid TV
What error message are you seeing? Because as far as I'm aware, that's not a thing.
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 10/18/2014, 10:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

This is not a singular problem as you can see in other forums:

LG Store not working - LG webOS TV Discussion - LG webOS - LG Store not working - LG webOS TV Discussion - LG webOS

Das offizielle Forum von LG Electronics Deutschland • LB650V LG Store und apps funktionieren nicht : LCD- und LED-Geräte - https://forum.lg.de/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15510

Please mods don't delete link to this other forum. I'm not related and just want to show the problem is there.

Last edited by gizmo21; 10/18/2014 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10/18/2014, 11:00 PM   #20 (permalink)

Is there something in the app framework or system that tries to phone home every time you open an app? Seems kind of nuts that no apps will work when the LG store is down.. :|

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote