webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > WebOS Notification
WebOS Notification

Old 10/10/2014, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
News Contributor

I just saw this WebOS Notification at the moment of visiting the developers site here: ::: LG Developer | webOS TV :::

What does it mean in simple English please? Thanks

akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2014, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nothing major. Just means that when a developer builds an app, any images in that app used for backgrounds or splashscreens have to be a .png file type because they are no longer going to allow the use of the .pvr file type (which I believe is a texture file type). Really doesn't mean much outside of letting developers know how to package images with applications from what I can gather.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: akitayo
Old 10/10/2014, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
News Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Nothing major. Just means that when a developer builds an app, any images in that app used for backgrounds or splashscreens have to be a .png file type because they are no longer going to allow the use of the .pvr file type (which I believe is a texture file type). Really doesn't mean much outside of letting developers know how to package images with applications from what I can gather.
Thanks
akitayo is offline   Reply With Quote