webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Chances of Xmas Deals on webOS TV's?
Chances of Xmas Deals on webOS TV's?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By petbull
  • 2 Post By petbull

Old 10/07/2014, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Do you think these TV's will be discounted or any types of specials will run for Christmas?

I am thinking of getting a 50-55" tv, but am deciding on if I care about the 120 vs 240hz / if I should go for the 3d model. i don't think I can justify the 3d cost since I wouldn't really use it often.

I am coming from an old Olevia 37" tv thats 720p, so having 1080 will be a huge difference for me anyways.

I figure if they run a sale I'd be more inclined to get one. Not sure if they would since they're fairly cheap as it is?

Last edited by ryancell; 10/07/2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: titled typo of chances
ryancell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2014, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I don't know about right now, but in July and August, Microcenter had ridiculous prices on even the 4K webOS units. And I was just in a Best Buy a couple of weeks ago where the 4K 55" model (9800 i think) and the 55" 1080 OLED were actually more than double the price at Microcenter. And I'm not a Microcenter shill, they've just given me ridiculously awesome service and the prices on the LG TVs were mindboggling. They may not be at that low a level anymore, though.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2014, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Keep your eye on sites like FatWallet, or SlickDeals. They always have the head's-up on big deals for pretty much everything.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2014, 09:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

FYI, Microcenter has the 55", 240hz 3D Webos TV for $899. Yeah, I got one and it's gorgeous!
petbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 10/10/2014, 12:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys...

Petbull...Wow. $899? Bestbuy wants $1,399.98 for that model. Wonder why soo much cheaper?

I've never heard of that store, but we have one within 45 minutes of me it looks like with 10+ in stock. I may have to buy this one early on the credit card and pay it off with tax $. Thats a heck of a deal.
Old 10/10/2014, 11:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

I found a store about 40 min away and got it. Thanks again for the heads up. Running smoothly so far. Learning my way around it pretty good already.
Old 10/11/2014, 04:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancell View Post
Thanks guys...

Petbull...Wow. $899? Bestbuy wants $1,399.98 for that model. Wonder why soo much cheaper?

I've never heard of that store, but we have one within 45 minutes of me it looks like with 10+ in stock. I may have to buy this one early on the credit card and pay it off with tax $. Thats a heck of a deal.
In August, I was looking at a 4k 55" (9500? 9800?) webOS (at Microcenter) for $999. It almost made me sick that I really couldn't justify spending the money at that point in time.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 10/11/2014, 07:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Wow. I wish I could have seen that deal...this deal was to hard to pass up being the same TV was $1399 everywhere else. Saved $500.
Old 10/11/2014, 09:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancell View Post
Thanks guys...

Wait, you never heard of Microcenter? It's only a little bit of nerd heaven! Everything computer you could ever need. Of course, my wife refuses to go into the store with me... and that works just fine!

Congrats on getting a fine TV. FYI, go to the LG store and go to the 3D section. You can watch some 3d movies for free and get a feel for it. I really didn't want the 3D feature, but they didn't have a model without it. I watched some surfing short which was ok. The best part was when I thought the water in the foreground was just about to spill over the lip of the TV. Would have made a mess in my family room!
Liked by Grabber5.0 and eblade like this.
Old 10/11/2014, 10:49 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
In August, I was looking at a 4k 55" (9500? 9800?) webOS (at Microcenter) for $999. It almost made me sick that I really couldn't justify spending the money at that point in time.
I looked at those TV's (not at that price!) and they were wonderful! The big issue was there was no 4K content available. I stood in front of the 72" (or was it 75?) and thought I could fall into the picture!
Old 10/11/2014, 08:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Yeah.. I was really going back and forth between the 55" 4K for the same price as the 65" 1080 .. back and forth and back and forth, and then decided I just plain couldn't do it until I pay off my other debts.

...when I do get it, anyone want my 60" 720p Panasonic internal projection model? I'll probably be leaving it on my doorstep lol
Quote:
GO OPEN WEBOS!
Old 10/13/2014, 08:17 AM   #12 (permalink)

petbull, nope, the one I looked up was about 40 miles from me and I'd never seen one otherwise here in Ohio.

eblade, after you told me that, first thing I did was search if I could find that deal somewhere for the 4k haha If so i'd returned mine. Surely when xmas rolls around they will offer that deal and I'll feel my stomach drop like "that could have been the one I got".

Either way as mentioned coming from an old 37" 720 tv, going to a 55 1080 is a huge difference, and I wont watch 3d, but it was nice to get the tv for a cost that I have it if I want it. And also the 240hz vs 120 is nice, although most stuff seems to show its at 60hz anyways.

Only thing I wish the tv had was HBOGo, MaxGo apps. HBO ON Demand on my tv only keeps around some of the new programming.

The magic remotes great, but I found my universal remote works better, as the magic remote doesn't allow me to access menus & fast forward the dvr it seems.