webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > How to delete/remove apps from app list?
How to delete/remove apps from app list?

Old 09/17/2014, 06:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hello all,

Recently picked up a 55UB8500 and can't seem to figure out how to delete applications from the app list.. I can move them around by holding down the cursor on the magic remote, but can't for the life of me figure out how to delete/remove it from the bottom tray/list... any help is welcomed!

Thanks a lot
word_play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2014, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by word_play View Post
Hello all,

Recently picked up a 55UB8500 and can't seem to figure out how to delete applications from the app list.. I can move them around by holding down the cursor on the magic remote, but can't for the life of me figure out how to delete/remove it from the bottom tray/list... any help is welcomed!

Thanks a lot
It's quite simple. When you pop up the icon as if to change the order, bring the cursor over the top of the icon where there is a little X. Click the X and answer yes to remove. done.
petbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/17/2014, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

or find the app icon, and press the up arrow twice to select the "Kill" icon.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2014, 07:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
or find the app icon, and press the up arrow twice to select the "Kill" icon.
The X doesn't appear to be available to delete region specific app-store bloat ware that gets forced on you after you initially setup. ( got crap like Arirang TV, Al Jazeera, & other crap in languages I cant read... and Skype [which would have been nice if it didn't require the non-existent camera to be attached])

The only way I've found to get rid of it; is to perform a factory reset and then not select a region.
Of course this also means not being able to get apps you want from the app store.

Any advice how to remove them?
ashTZA is offline   Reply With Quote