webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Recommendations for a silent USB HDD to support Time Machine?
Recommendations for a silent USB HDD to support Time Machine?

Old 09/14/2014, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Time Machine looks like an excellent feature, but I don't watch TV on my PC because - for one reason - I'd have to listen to the fans running all the time.

Is anyone using a USB HDD that they like and would recommend?
elvispre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/2014, 07:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I have a slim Seagate 1TB USB 3.0 drive. Super quiet. Normally I buy stuff like that online because I can find it cheap. But I had a big data loss issue earlier this year and needed and external "now" to do recovery. Ran up the street and bought it at Best Buy for about $70ish.
Thanked By: elvispre
Old 09/14/2014, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

I think it was worth it to buy an actual time machine. You could probably get a cheap used a/b/g/n model off eBay. My family has the new 3TB tower kind, and it seems to put out good wifi, I get good speeds in my bedroom on the top floor, even though we keep it in the basement.
boovish is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: elvispre

Tags
noise, silent, time machine