webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > Facebook, Twitter,... LG Account for that matter. Security?
Facebook, Twitter,... LG Account for that matter. Security?

Old 09/14/2014, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

I bought a LB650V-ZN yesterday. All very pleasant and interesting. Finally, I have something that can use my NAS box's DLNA service (Twonky).

It does not come with the Magic Remote as standard. Using the smart features with the standard remote is - What's the word? Ah yes! - possible. A Bluetooth adapter and Magic Remote are now on order.

One question does occur: What's to stop someone else who happens to be watching my TV from posting to my Facebook / Twitter account and from buying things for me through the LG Store?

Last edited by elvispre; 09/14/2014 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Put a question icon on my question.
elvispre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/2014, 04:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

+1
is there something like parental PIN only for functions accounts are needed on webOS TV?
Old 09/14/2014, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Posting would be up to you to log out of your account before closing the app. Otherwise, it will be logged in if someone else opens it on your TV. As for purchases, there is a built in security feature for that where you can set it to require a password before a purchase can be made.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: elvispre
Old 09/14/2014, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Posting would be up to you to log out of your account before closing the app. Otherwise, it will be logged in if someone else opens it on your TV. As for purchases, there is a built in security feature for that where you can set it to require a password before a purchase can be made.
But in mobile webOS eg. for the Facebook app you have to remove the account in accounts app, so that is not that easy as "logging out"

Is it the same in webOS TV?

Tags
security