Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1.    #1  
    Because we are getting lots of questions about which LG webOS firmware version people are running, we figured it was about time we consolidated those posts from various threads into a single local. ('bout time right?)

    So please use this thread for questions about firmware and OS versions. Thanks!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/25/2014 at 12:54 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Now I'm just waiting and wondering when the next update is going to hit.
  3. #3  
    Perhaps that one: Beta firmware (version 04.31.02):

    New Firmware Boosts Picture Quality on LG UB850V 4K TV

    OK it's boosting on 4K, but perhaps also some FHD enhancements on the way.

    Perhaps the:
    * toned down the blur filter processing in 3-D mode
    * Improved Pseudo-Local Dimming
    * or perhaps the return of "pre-thinking of webOS" - a screen-wide infobar would pop up at the bottom asking if you’d like to switch inputs
    * OSD (on-screen display) menu (including WebOS) speed and responsiveness was noticeably faster
    * A [De-Blur] slider has been added to the [TruMotion] “User” setting
  4. eoga's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Now I'm just waiting and wondering when the next update is going to hit.
    I just got the new update yesterday which include the Today option.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eoga View Post
    I just got the new update yesterday which include the Today option.
    Shhwweet... I didn't see an update hit last night for me, but if you got one on the west coast, it should be there for me today! Thanks
  6.    #6  
    @eoga... can you tell me what version number your tv is showing now after the update?
  7. #7  
    I got an update including Today on my 42LB6300 this evening. The new version number is 04.30.08

    Apart from the new feature(s) it seems they've done some performance tweaks - seems it's snappier and more responsive now.
    Last edited by marcedhk; 08/15/2014 at 12:55 AM.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    I got an update including Today on my 42LB6300 this evening. The new version number is 04.30.08

    Apart from the new feature(s) it seems they've done some performance tweaks - seems it's snappier and more responsive now.
    so... other than Today, what else is there?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    so... other than Today, what else is there?
    Come on spill the beans already and give us the magic dev-mode trick :P
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    so... other than Today, what else is there?
    Good question - I'm not familiar enough to really be able to know what's really new, I'm just noticing random things -for example, the Red Karaoke app seems to actually be working now (previously would only view recordings but couldn't make them)
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    Good question - I'm not familiar enough to really be able to know what's really new, I'm just noticing random things -for example, the Red Karaoke app seems to actually be working now (previously would only view recordings but couldn't make them)
    Netflix is working better - previously it would only play content using the first user profile. I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling, resetting to factory settings and reinstalling etc, but nothing worked. Since the update last night though it now plays from both user profiles
  12. #12  
    Any big changes in settings?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Any big changes in settings?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Nothing that I could see. The channel guide is now slightly transparent... But I didn't see any changes in any settings
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    the Red Karaoke app seems to actually be working now
    Spoke too soon....while it does actually play the music now it still doesn't actually record the singing. All you can really do is watch other people's performances.
  15. eoga's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    @eoga... can you tell me what version number your tv is showing now after the update?
    A little bit late and I saw someone else posted the version, which is 04.30.08. not huge changes besides the today option which like mentioned already is totally useless at least for me. I see some changes in the menu icons, seems like the tv is now a little bit faster, still not enough though and every option in the menu has a little square with a short help when you select it.

    What i am hoping is an update for their smartshare program, something really smart that could compete with xbmc or plex and not just to see every file in my DLNA server with no option at all. I think this could be a huge update if they can do something about it.
  16. #16  
    Was hoping the update might have allowed it to connect to my bluetooth headset now, but no dice - I'm disappointed, as since you have to use the LG camera as well it's getting hard to see this as something other than LG trying to strong arm people into re-buying all their accessories at close to $100 a pop.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    Was hoping the update might have allowed it to connect to my bluetooth headset now, but no dice - I'm disappointed, as since you have to use the LG camera as well it's getting hard to see this as something other than LG trying to strong arm people into re-buying all their accessories at close to $100 a pop.
    I was under the impression that protocols were standardised - at least for common devices like headphones. Could it be a BT version problem? Have you tried the official LG support system for a solution?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I was under the impression that protocols were standardised - at least for common devices like headphones. Could it be a BT version problem? Have you tried the official LG support system for a solution?
    Someone can try that, but sadly I've personally tried 3 different brands/types of well known BT headphones and nothing works yet.
  19. #19  
    I guess it is LG's right to work only with their brand, but they should come out and state that as their policy. When I see something as Bluetooth capable, it means universal to me, not proprietary.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I guess it is LG's right to work only with their brand, but they should come out and state that as their policy. When I see something as Bluetooth capable, it means universal to me, not proprietary.
    Might be a good idea to ring up the LG Support phone number, and let them know what you're trying to do. The more tickets that get entered, perhaps will entice people to consider things.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best firmware and Rom version?
    By redemption in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03/30/2006, 09:25 PM
  2. What version of firmware are you runnning now?
    By swieder in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05/12/2005, 10:17 PM
  3. What is your firmware version?
    By Ravenslair in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03/22/2005, 03:00 PM
  4. Where is firmware version shown on Verizon T600's and what is current version?
    By treoroy in forum North American Carriers (CDMA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07/30/2004, 02:45 PM
  5. A new version (02.08) version of firmware available in Italy
    By catania63 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12/15/2003, 05:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions