webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  LG webOS TV > lg 49ub8500 and wifi
lg 49ub8500 and wifi

Old 08/24/2014, 08:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

sadly this tv keeps disconnecting from wifi. is there a reason for this? i would like to have it stay on. my laptop, iPad and two phones manage to stay connected without issue- why not the tv?
revenantananias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2014, 09:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

If you use wifi for streaming, you will get the occasional interrupts. That's with all devices. I have to run wire to all devices I use for streaming videos.
toiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2014, 10:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

I've had this happen lately as well and within a 22 minute show, it may spin and go back to the menu perhaps 3-4 times. I've tried changing my WiFi router channels to see if that would help, but sadly it did not. I know I received a software update somewhat recently as well as a lot of app updates. Not sure if it's related but I'll keep looking for a solution.
sikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2014, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

calling your friendly LG support people may also reveal something. or at least they'll know you're having a problem.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2014, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiday View Post
If you use wifi for streaming, you will get the occasional interrupts. That's with all devices. I have to run wire to all devices I use for streaming videos.
I'm running my TV on a wired connection too, but not all devices have issues with wifi streaming. I've used my Roku3 tons ot times on wifi and have never had it glitch out on me. Weird that TV's have this issue more than streaming players.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2014, 06:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Right thought Id chip in here...I had sort of the same issue with my lb6500 (all the internet apps hanging) and resolved it by checking the strength of the wifi with my smartphone. Theres a free app from netgear on the android play store which you can use for this this. I pretty much realised that my wifi signal was at 15% next to the TV so changing my router position in the house sorted things out. If changing your router position around is not an option then you could consider a wifi extender if neccesary.
Having said this I think that LG should give us more details on the wifi specs and have a way of showing a readable wifi signal strength too.
bikranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman